Sign in to follow this  
Etch690

Anybody know of a flat dirt lot?

Does anybody know of a flat, level spot near El Cajon/Alpine that I can ride in? I want to practice slow speed maneuvers, flat cornering and counter balancing. 

I have been riding dirt bikes nearly my whole life, but after a couple trips to motoventures I realized I have been doing a lot of things very wrong. I taught myself some bad habits that I want to change.

I'm looking for a flat dirt lot with some area to practice that I wont get kicked out of. I want to spend a whole day doing these techniques to drill them into my head.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Etch. 

There is a very really large flat lot down (part dirt and low grass/weeds) by the border fence in Otay.  I took my son there to learn how to ride.  The Border Patrol stages trucks and trailers with ATV's there.  They were very cool about us hanging out there. 

Not El Cajon or Alpine, but you can ride the border fence when you are done.

50 minutes ago, Mikey777 said:

There is a very really large flat lot down (part dirt and low grass/weeds) by the border fence in Otay.  I took my son there to learn how to ride.  The Border Patrol stages trucks and trailers with ATV's there.  They were very cool about us hanging out there. 

Not El Cajon or Alpine, but you can ride the border fence when you are done.

I think I know where you are talking about, it's a large area off the 11. They are doing a lot of construction down there with the new wall so I believe security has been tightened because of some vandalism. 

I might be headed up otay mountain from pio pico tomorrow so I'll see what's going on.