Sign in to follow this  
Dress4Less

USGP MXdN

USGP MXdN this Sunday, 10/7 at 10am on CBS (per Cycle News on-line)...

:thumbsup_anim: Thanks for the heads up. 

Not to nitpick too much, but it is not the USGP, but the MXdN.

And I'm leaving tomorrow.

3 hours ago, isde97 said:

Not to nitpick too much, but it is not the USGP, but the MXdN.

And I'm leaving tomorrow.

Awesome, have a great time....Go Tomac! 

We have a solid team this year. I'd love to see them bring home the hardware.

We were totally outclassed by real MX riders. not SX showmen.....earn while you learn AMA MX guys.

Even the second tier GP guys like my friend Lupino smoked our US team guys. No comment on the top tier guys, the results speak for themselves. Keep on jumpin' and whippin' it looks really cool for the stadium folks.....and does generate $ that much is true. Don't look forward to next years event either.....it will be in the EU sand track environment, remember the AMA Southwick National.....that is no longer on the series agenda. For 2019 welcome to Herlings' and Coldenhoff's backyard, not to mention the sand track brilliance of Prado and the old guy Cairoli among a line of others. That is my US fan rant , I wanted Barcia to win and Plessinger as well, as for the AMA superman fastest in the world champ...we needed him to do well (I'm really not a fan), but sorrowfully they kinda all got it wrong. Zero excuses ( I have hearing too many) The EU guys as well as the OZ guys beat our guys straight up. The most impressive were the Dutch with only 2 riders Herlings and Mr 1-1 Coldenhoff and 1 sidelined ( I saw  Vanderens eye it is scary looking, I hope he will see OK after some time)* coming in on 3rd for a Podium spot!

*pupil dilated with associated bloody white part and blood inside his eyball because his pupil is blood red not the usual black hole. 

To take a currently unpopular but contrarian view, while it wasn't good, it wasn't near as apocalyptic as many are going on about.  Consider:

In 2015, in France, the US team came within a whisker of winning.   We didn't send our best team possible.

In 2016, the US would almost have certainly have won if Jason Anderson didn't get landed on after winning the first moto.  The US was still in the lead when Cooper Webb went down with a lap to go in the final moto.  This was a team with 2 250 riders on it (Webb rode a 450 for this race).

Last year, at the USGP, Tomac went 1-3 in MXGP and RJ Hampshire went 1-1 in MX2.  The GP guys didn't turn into supermen over the last 12 months, nor did the AMA guys forget how to ride. 

What is for sure is the GP field is deeper than it has been in 30 years, and the US riders had terrible starts (likely related to the significantly different starting procedure used in the GPs) and really needed their A game to overcome, which they didn't have.  Not helping the US cause was riders having career days (Coldenhoff and Lupino) or by far their best day of the year (Paulin).  It just wasn't the US team's day.

Also interesting- Italy wasn't on anyone's radar for even a podium position, and they nearly won.  There is an interview with Cairoli after the races and he is clearly bummed as he goes through the opportunities they had that would have swung the result.

That was my Team US fanboy rant....I was and am mad that our guys were not anywhere near the podium mix, it was a weak showing. BTW I have my name pasted across the back of my helmet and you still didn't see me at the start of the sprint enduro....what goons we are!! See you soon Matt, I will try and do as many 19 series sprint enduros as schedule and location permits.