I have been contemplating switching out my stock 19" rear rim on my 04 husky tc450 to an 18"

Mainly because I want more side wall that the 19" rim and easier to change a tube on the trail.

Can anyone tell me either a good source for a strong 18" hoop or maybe a bike that shares the same hub/axle etc that I can just swap in. Maybe find something on craigslist.

Thanks!!

Laced up a new set of hoops on my 300 awhile back after the stock hoops started looking like microwaved bacon. Interestingly enough the least expensive hoops that I could find online were on Amazon. Then I bought the spoke and nipple set from Slavens. There’s an application chart out there on the interwebs somewhere to match up your bike to the Excel rims for use on stock hubs.

1 option , Buy a set of OEM 18" spokes from the TE450 and look up a Rim, we did a excel rim match on my 04 TC450, or you could go on Ebay and find a parted out TE 18" entire wheel so you can have a 19 and 18 wheel set. I converted my 2004 TC450 into an offroad machine like you want to do. The 18" was a very good mod as was the flywheel weight we installed (machined and pressed fitted on by Jeff Tasky in Wa. when he has his shop up there). My OEM problem child Mikuni Carb was modified by Hall's Cycles Husky and worked much better but still she would cough stall from time to time, and was frustrating during races. We also installed the TE kickstarter assy, along with other offroad kit.

2 option send or bring the entire assy up to Buchanan's and have them lace up an 18 rim and send you/give you back the 19 with the new stuff and you could sell the 19. www.buchananspokes.com   they are go to SoCal wheel guys, we have used them for many years.