Hey everyone. I've been trying to get out and explore more truck trails and rides around Cleveland National Forest. I am open to truck trails or OHV, just haven't been to any OHV out here yet so not quite sure what to expect. A few weeks ago I rode Black Mountain Truck Trail, and last weekend I rode Otay Mountain.

I've been wanting to ride Palomar Divide or Oriflamme and Chariot Canyons. I'm wanting to go out on a day ride with more relaxed to intermediate riding with the occasional tougher spot. Below are a couple of links I've been using to try and plan my weekend. If anyone has any input or ideas for a ride, feel free to provide input. I'm looking to take off earlier in the morning (8 or 9) to try and beat some of the crazies to the roads. I'd like to get good group together, especially with some newer riders to go out and get some miles on bikes, build some experience, and network a bit meeting some more folks. If we ride up towards Julian or Santa Ysabel, I'd like to stop or lunch or pie while were out. It would be a good opportunity to help shed a better light on the Dual Sport/ADV community as a larger group not being obnoxious.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/palomar-divide-road

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail/us/california/oriflamme-and-chariot-canyons

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229

*Update*

As of now my plan is to meet up in the gravel lot on the North side of Julian Pie Company in Santa Ysabel Sunday October, 7th at 0730. Pre ride checks and top off tanks then stands up at 0800 taking the 79 North. Times can be pushed to the right if people need more time to make it to Santa Ysabel.

I need to ride out there this evening to double check gates and everything, but looking at pulling onto the trail at "33.3309 -116.70914"

Keeping on Palomar Divide Truck Trail/Palomar Divide Rd, we'd stay left at "33.337099, -116.778723".

Stay right at "33.339643, -116.787892"

Taking the right fork at "33.362607, -116.826500" to turn onto High Point Truck Trail/High Point Rd.

Hard left at "33.376270, -116.826930" to stay on High Point Truck Trail/High Point Rd.

Trail ends at "33.440116, -116.857085".

Right on the 79 back to Santa Ysabel, then left towards Julian for lunch/pie/drinks.

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/697585

The plan is to make periodic stops on the trail to allow individuals to catch up, get pictures, get a drink, and grab a snack. I am thinking about going to Heroes Restaurant in Julian for lunch. From what I have been told, they are riders themselves and they are extremely patriotic! I am hoping that a later lunch will allow us to dodge most of the weekend Julian foot traffic.

You can call the  Palomar Mountain ranger station and ask if the gates will be open,  it’s not as fun though. 

‭(760) 788-0250‬

I checked their website and it said both Palomar Truck Trail and High Point Truck Trail are open pending fire or rain. I'll probably call on Friday or Saturday to see if they are planning to close it or not.

I may be able to hit palomar divide with you. Id want to eat at paradise cafe then head out to ghomas mountain afterwards solo if necesary..  Maybe i can stage up there at a day park and find a place to stay the night up there with my moto camping trailer. 

Just an FYI, the website isn't very accurate in regards to the gate. But those gates are open most of the time. 

All your GPS directions are correct.  Should be no problem.  This is the standard Palomar Divide route.  Sorry I can't make it.  Catch you on a future ride as I am in Tierrasanta too!

Dave, I can't guarantee you, but I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem parking in that lot for a few hours. Should be fine.

Thanks Oracle.  

I'm actually gonna skip this one and ride something in Southbay tomorrow.

Thanks for the invite and have a great ride!