I have been asked to pass this on. SDORC will be having  a maintenance clean up day at Corral Canyon on Oct 13 at 9:00 am Meeting at 4 Corners.

Since we are due for a maintenance day why not do it in conjunction with them. 

Please chime in if you are interested in helping.

Thank you

EDIT:  A few people will be camping at the upper campground, Bobcat Meadows Friday night.

SDAR prez, ADV Bum...will be grillin' burgers for us around lunchtime.

Hope to see many SDAR volunteers there !

I'm in, just put in calendar might campout night before

3 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

I'm in, just put in calendar might campout night before

Yes I will be out the night before as well.

I'm in !

May come out to camp with Doc Holliday, maybe someone can truck my 950 out for me ?

It would be great to get a nice turnout from SDAR.

The more volunteer hours accumulated for this area, the more money allotted by the State for trails, upgrades, etc. in this area.

Plenty of advance notice to put this on your calender...PLEASE come out to help...it's fun and not difficult work.

Thanks,

KTMrad

SDAR Founder and Vice President

Keep posting reminders, I plan to show up and bring my Ryobi cordless brush trimmer again.  Maybe show up the night before as well!

I'm in. Haven't been there for a while but am sure there is a lot to do.  The single track can always use trimming.  SDAR adopted trails can always use help.

I'm hopeful we can get a good turn out from SDAR.

See you there!

On 9/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, ADV Bum said:

I have been asked to pass this on. SDORC will be having  a maintenance clean up day at Corral Canyon on Oct 13 at 9:00 am Meeting at 4 Corners.

Since we are due for a maintenance day why not do it in conjunction with them. 

Please chime in if you are interested in helping.

Thank you

Please give directions to "4 Corners" I will be there. Coming from Borrego.

Just now, SoCalMule said:

Please give directions to "4 Corners" I will be there. Coming from Borrego.

You’ve been there!

8 to Buckman Springs Road- head east 

right on Morena Stokes Road toward Corral (NOT CORAL!) Canyon Off Road Area. You’ll go on gravel, then pavement, twisty-turny flat stuff, then start up a twisty-turny hill- remember our no-engine downhill?

At the top of that hill is a large gravel parking area with a restroom that Rigger didn’t use. 

That’s Four Corners. 

Just now, paulmbowers said:

You’ve been there!

8 to Buckman Springs Road- head east 

right on Morena Stokes Road toward Corral (NOT CORAL!) Canyon Off Road Area. You’ll go on gravel, then pavement, twisty-turny flat stuff, then start up a twisty-turny hill- remember our no-engine downhill?

At the top of that hill is a large gravel parking area with a restroom that Rigger didn’t use. 

That’s Four Corners. 

Thank you PMB! I wasn't sure if that no engine race blacktop was car accessible. Poor Rigger...you just created a Rodney Dangerfield moment for him. Hey Rigger D, if you want help to plastic wrap Paul's 500 some day I'm there; just don't tell Paul. 

Would love to but can't I already have plans that were put in place back in July for Octoberfest, sorry, beer and sausage while camping with a loss of deposits plus prepays win out over manual labor.

October 13th...please come help out if you can. SDAR adopted 2 trails out there and we need to log some volunteer hours.

Thanks !

What tools would be recommended to bring?  Will be riding in to certain areas or hiking in?

Loppers and stuff to mainly clear bushes i would say like 1inch or so max branches thick. Riding to everything but what i do is ride to where i can pull bike off trail then hike back and forth hundred yards or so then ride and hike again

The fastest and best system is to have one person with a cordless trimmer along with someone with loppers go ahead on the trail while someone follows and clears the debris from the trail. I can deliver the loppers and trimmers on the quad to the locations with the quad. 

I am trying to find some cordless trimmers on CL. If people have some that we can use that would be great.

Mike clarify what you mean by trimmer. I know a trimmer to be a string trimmer or weed wacker do you mean that or like a hedger?

1 minute ago, Bp619 said:

Mike clarify what you mean by trimmer. I know a trimmer to be a string trimmer or weed wacker do you mean that or like a hedger?

Sorry, I mean a cordless hedge trimmer.  Rangers do not want gas powered tools because of the fire danger.

I have two cordless Ryobi hedge trimmers and about six batteries.  If anyone has more 18v batteries I would appreciate it.

K cool i have same ryobi cordless hedge trimmer but only one small battery good for 30minutes ill try and borrow more from buddy

20 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

I have some of the 18v batteries if that is what your Ryobi model trimmer uses.

Yeah, that's the ones.  We'll have to mark all of the batteries so everyone knows who they belong to.