Sign in to follow this  
Huntndogs

Motoz Desert H/T rear tire

I am currently riding on Kenda Trackmasters and have no issues with them even though a little noisy on road. Just picked up a Motoz Desert HT to try when the TM is done (few more rides). Does anyone have any experience with this tire. Reviews are mixed that I found, size is 110/100 18, bike is a WR250R.

OK its not this aggressive, I had the TRACTIONATOR GPS on my GS1150 and I liked id. 8400  miles on asphalt full loaded. Noise, who cares, the bike is louder. And I will go back to a full set MotoZ. Should get 10000 miles on a 250ccm.

20180723_120232.jpg

I've ran the 140 szie twice on my 950 works well also very noisy on straight line road it's weird get very quiet in turns, but in the smaller sizes I wouldn't run it on my husaberg 570 or ktm 450 I would go more dirt oriented. The trackmaster will be better offroad than the motoz desert. 

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

I've ran the 140 szie twice on my 950 works well also very noisy on straight line road it's weird get very quiet in turns, but in the smaller sizes I wouldn't run it on my husaberg 570 or ktm 450 I would go more dirt oriented. The trackmaster will be better offroad than the motoz desert. 

That’s what I am thinking to, may have jumped the gun a little with this purchase since it will be mostly dirt during the season.

I'm probably going to try a MOTOZ TRACTIONATOR DESERT H/T rear on my KTM 690 when my MT21 wears out in another ride or two.

The reviews (and price) at Rocky Mountain ATV looked pretty good to me.

I guess I have nothing to lose by mounting it and giving it a try. There are plenty who like it as well as plenty who seem to hate it.  

26 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

I guess I have nothing to lose by mounting it and giving it a try. There are plenty who like it as well as plenty who seem to hate it.  

I definitely dont hate it, in a 140 size best dot dirt option for the money, some of the 140 rally tires are 2-2.5x the price of motoz. For small bike 110 or 120 sizes I think there's better options. But 130-140 on bike 690 and up solid choice

2 hours ago, SANRider said:

I'm probably going to try a MOTOZ TRACTIONATOR DESERT H/T rear on my KTM 690 when my MT21 wears out in another ride or two.

The reviews (and price) at Rocky Mountain ATV looked pretty good to me.

Good tire for 690, my 950se with mt21s last 850-1k miles motoz doubles that

I have the Motoz Etreme Hybrid on the back of my XR4.  It really likes low pressure. Currently have the 120/100-18 and it’s a bit fat.   Will probably go with the 110/100-18 next time. 

Are you running tubliss? I think I’m just going to roll with it and see for myself.  I can always replace it..

I am using motoz hybrid front and rear on my 500.

Tubliss . They work really  well in loose rocky hill climbs.  6 psi rear 9 psi front.