Crawdaddy and myself pondered a quick trip down south to grab a cold beer at MSR

Panned out very quick and the next thing we were crossing the Tecate border early Sat morning 

We were a party of "tres amigos" little warm and only getting warmer - but we were covering ground and well on our way 

Until he came over the radio and alerted of  "amigo down" 

First time Baja rider "Fressness" as we call him, took a little more then a nap - looked like a deep sleep when I rolled up,  no bueno.....

Assuming a broken collar bone at the time, better then some of the alternatives... we hobbled over to some trees for some shade and decision making.

After mutually deciding to make a run north to the border, we headed to Santa Veronicas to regroup have a few tacos and a cold beer...

Freshness regained his "freshness" but was in no condition to Baja on.

C-Daddy took the task of getting him to the truck at Tecate,  he is currently in the speedy recovery mode

- only in Baja for an hour and already has his Baja story 

With nothing but daylight and the desire to ride south - I asked if they were cool if I split and soloed it to MSR.

lots of fire damage down south, with heavy rains made for pretty interesting terrain 

some of the forrest is burned right to the ground - allowed me to wander a bit into the abyss, totally different experience.

lots of new black fire sand washes & monsoonal erosion, no pics unfortunately 

Had the ranch to myself, picked up a Baja hitchhiker along the way  - pinched the first replaced tube - that was a lot fun, glad I had 2 - 18""

Here's a few pics from the ride 

Freshness in the first pic  - when times were good  - scenic view point at top of compadre 

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4989.jpg

I wonder...broken collar bone...Rigger...hmmm? :huh:

It's weird that I see way more ride reports than upcoming rides/invites....

Kinda weird picking up a partially popped pop rivet out there

I've gotten flats off weider things tho

12 hours ago, crfxer said:

Kinda weird picking up a partially popped pop rivet out there

I've gotten flats off weider things tho

Thinking the same thing...was moving along at a good pace, the timing and placement right up there with winning lotto.

12 hours ago, MauleR said:

It's weird that I see way more ride reports than upcoming rides/invites....

It was pretty spontaneous Maule, be more then happy to take another run south one day.

12 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

I wonder...broken collar bone...Rigger...hmmm? :huh:

YES again thinking the same thing.

I think the only difference was, he wasn’t being lured down some steep rock by the paparazzi ?

It was good while it lasted..........looking forward to the next one......

Got back to the border and my license plate was no where to be found :huh:......bounced off somewhere that morning.......so CDaddy is temporarily grounded until I go to the MVD in AZ. this Friday to snag a new plate.....

Doug was on a plane to Huntsville, AL yesterday morning for a business trip........life goes on........he'll bounce back......though "bounce" probably wouldn't be his word of choice right now :lol:

I agree Dan, funny though, without the paparazzi being there, I would not have such a well documented story to tell. You were my guardian angle that day, I would not want to be out on the trail hurt with anyone else...Thanks again for pulling me out of the Manzanita! I'm amazed that "Freshness" could get up, dust himself off, and go on a business trip so soon after. I was a cry baby for the first two weeks! I made a decision while I have been in rehab mode for the past eight weeks...I choose to not to fall any more. ;)

Dig the cordage to keep the bike steady during the tire change. 

Man, a little Slime in that tube would have saved you from having to make a tube change. 

21 hours ago, Riggerdan said:

I think the only difference was, he wasn’t being lured down some steep rock by the paparazzi ?

Don't throw me under this bus- I'm 3000 miles away near Riggah's county of origin.

23 hours ago, Oracle said:

Man, a little Slime in that tube would have saved you from having to make a tube change. 

Why didn't I think of that.....

I slime the mbt tires need to start on the moto

14 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Don't throw me under this bus- I'm 3000 miles away near Riggah's county of origin.

I was trying to be discreet, how's the weather near Lawn Guyland?

7 hours ago, Riggerdan said:

I was trying to be discreet, how's the weather near Lawn Guyland?

I’m in Murray Hill for a couple days- warm with a little rain.