Rexx Riot

Dirt isn't Street: Helmet Questions

3 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Shame they don’t make one for clavicles. ?

Hey funny man...you funny for a full hour...you go now!

8 minutes ago, SoCalMule said:

Hey funny man...you funny for a full hour...you go now!

I’m sure my time will come. 

I have to say, Dualsport helmets, Arai XD work great !  I've been riding thousands of miles both on and off-road with mine and gone cross country on mostly street with it. It is nice to be able to put the visor down, and also wear shades and not goggles. 

I'll have to disagree with some other's conclusions...but then again, everyone has different opinions about everything.  I think you'll have to try out what works best for you.   

Not all helmets protect you equally

https://www.6dhelmets.com/innovation/

My next helmet will be a 6D, I just wish they would make a Dual Sport model.  Glasses, goggles and a flip up face shield = two layers to keep the dust off my glasses.  There will be many days when you ride at sun up or sun down in the dust. A face shield with a line of tape at the top margin gives control of the blindness.

Just because you like the look of a helmet, does not mean it will protect equally. And some moderate prices helmets perform well.

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/?manufacturer=All&type=2

http://www.helmetboys.com/pages/world-motorcycle-helmet-safety-standards.html

15 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

I’m sure my time will come. 

May it be a soft landing! 

16 hours ago, Rexx Riot said:

Wow @TrophyHunter lovely offer. You available tomorrow (Thursday 8/2)? I can swing that way after work and give it a test-fit (i wear a 7 3/8 baseball cap and a L in my Shark street helmet though it is a bit loose for my liking these days....had it a good 4 years now though) before I swing north. I have to rush home now to get the wheels off my SV so I can get some fresh rubber mounted before the weekend. Get you a sixpack of your favorite poison whether I take it home or not, just let me know your flavor (or wine! I'm a wine guy most of the time myself anyway but whatever you like. lovely offer thanks for the generosity!).

That Klim lid is highly recommended elsewhere too. Noted. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Leaning heavily towards a dirt specific helmet as I got the DRZ to ride 90% dirt anyway so I mean, yeah. When I replace my Shark I'll likely go ADV helmet so I can try one out and see how I like it for commutes and touring etc.

Avail. Sent my phone number via PM