Sign in to follow this  
BigJon01

Commuting with Murderers

Warning to riders that ride 67S in the morning from Ramona and Poway (5-5:30am). 

This morning (5:15am) as I approached Scripps Poway PKWY; I could see a truck sitting at the light. Looked like a newer pearl white Chevy 4 door (possibly a newer ford supercrew). I could tell by his behavior that he was going to pull out in front of me, so I prepared to safely pull around him. I roll into the throttle and pull around the right safely (as he pulled into the left lane directly from the light). Right at the merge I notice that he is now drag racing me and not planning to let me in so I blip the throttle to get safely in front (although I should've probably braked and gotten behind). From Scripps to the top of the Slaughterhouse hill he rides so close to my rear tire that I was genuinely concerned that he may clip me. I stayed as close to the truck in front of me as I could without adding more risk. With the new anti passing poles they added I was stuck in that situation. Right at the top where it opened into 2 lanes I opened the throttle, pulled around the truck and car in front of me and set off down Slaughterhouse moving t a speed I knew he couldn't touch. At the bottom where it straightens out I see him in my mirror again. Clearly he is doing at or near 100mph (+/-). He pulls up behind me, I switch lanes and get into the brakes pretty hard so he'll shoot by. He is on the brakes hard too, flashing his lights and makes the right into his work at the aggregate company. 

It is very difficult to do the right thing, the safe thing and "get away". Everything inside me says pull over and fight, follow him into his work and fight... however I did none of the such, I simply tried to get away.

Not sure if this is his daily route. I will be going out of my way and taking Wildcat for a while. We all know that we are amongst murderers, I want to be sure that I inform you guys when I encounter one.

Be safe out there

Jon

I'm getting older (okay-I am old!) and too tired for confrontation anymore.  Your hindsight view of getting behind him was probably the better choice (as you mentioned) but it is obviously too late for that.  I always think to myself that some jackhole like that may have interrupted my day and made me miserable for a period of time, but I can get away from them and they have to live with themselves forever.  Better to be safe than sorry and let someone like this go on with his miserable life while I go on with mine.  I pull a trailer 6 days a week and have to exercise patience more often than I want with  others that I share the road with.

Glad you are safe.

Just now, simicrintz said:

I'm getting older (okay-I am old!) and too tired for confrontation anymore.  Your hindsight view of getting behind him was probably the better choice (as you mentioned) but it is obviously too late for that.  I always think to myself that some jackhole like that may have interrupted my day and made me miserable for a period of time, but I can get away from them and they have to live with themselves forever.  Better to be safe than sorry and let someone like this go on with his miserable life while I go on with mine.  I pull a trailer 6 days a week and have to exercise patience more often than I want with  others that I share the road with.

Glad you are safe.

Couldn't agree with you more, better to be safe than sorry. The scariest part to me was that this maniac continued to pursue even after I left him the first time. That is concerning to me. Wasn't me today but sometimes when the bees get stirred, they eventually sting someone, justified or not. Scary.

feels safe and strong in his cage.  you guys are way too nice in NY we carried chaff in pockets , we were always getting pushed around by cages and simply chaffed them and split.

30 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

feels safe and strong in his cage.  you guys are way too nice in NY we carried chafe in pockets , we were always getting pushed around by cages and simply chafed them and split.

Chafe?

39 minutes ago, BigJon01 said:

Chafe?

Sp checker!! CHAFF    (some pebbles or metal stuff like old bolts and nuts), stuff that has no traceability........ Yes I did say that openly. And guess what I have not ridden street for a long long time, so really I'm out of that game. Last time I street rode around SD was on a 100 CI hard tail chopper, so the sound would peel the paint off cars that got close, yes I did say that.

Just be safe out there and never play someone else's game, especially when they are 5 tons and caged and your are 700 uncaged and basically naked.

Jeeze.

Not surprised.  We all know 'he' is out there and eventually we will encounter him.  Or her.

Have a plan for when it happens.  You're right in that escape is often harder than you think it will be.

I keep thinking about installing a couple looping vid cams on the bike as I commute daily.  It's cheap and easy enough to do.  But we need to have more video evidence to submit to police and news so that the public learns there can be heavy consequences to chasing bikes out of rage.

Remember this one?  https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Video-Motorcycle-Road-Rage-Death-Navy-Sailor-San-Diego-305681651.html

Zach is dead.  Darla's life is changed forever.  Dozens of people that know and loved them both will never be the same.

I pray to God that when it happens to me, I'll be in heavy traffic where there's a chance I can use the other cars to block for me.

I've been considering the camera thing too Zubb. Anyone using one that may have suggestions or opinions on what they like or dislike in cameras?

I read through that link and then had to know what kind of time she got. 6 years doesn't seem enough. We all get mad but I can't imagine going that far.

A life long rider (in downtown no less) and lawyer I met last year swear's by having a visible camera on his helmet. He said it reduced his encounters with aggressive moves people would make on him significantly.  That 67 corridor is the worst. People just loose there minds on that road, especially during the commute home. They'll kill you for 2 car lengths and it all stops dead at the bottom of the hill. Nuts