I am spending some time with my parents, keeping busy on this for a few days.  An adventure for the next trip?

That's going be a cool project. 

I’m thinking of riding back up here, getting it going and putting the bike in the back and driving it back.

After spending time with family, I am now doing the friends tour.  Spent a day in the Minneapolis area, then down to Omaha for a day and now I have two friends in Waterloo, Iowa.  I’m meeting my older brother in Clinton, Iowa this weekend to rehab our sisters place.  I’m still moving!

Special thanks to Mr Jaja for mentioning the motorcycle museum in Anamosa, Iowa.  Otherwise I wouldn’t have known about it!  Today I went to the John Deere museum in Waterloo, Field of Dreams in Dyersville and the above mentioned motorcycle museum.  Great day in Iowa.

82BEC5BC-102C-4614-A05C-2BC8614D72E3.jpeg

37D8BE1D-5F9C-4892-B89F-5F6CA2C1E56B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Very cool, sounds a lot better than Udo’s day. 

Yeah, I’m hoping he used up all the bad road trip energy!

I spent three days in Clinton, Iowa helping my sister by remodeling her bathroom.  My brother also came down from New Jersey to help.  Tomorrow I am headed to heaven...the Pabst Blue Ribbon brewery in Milwaukee!  

I like the Truck, I got a German Muscle car years ago where a Opossum family where living in for 20 + years, and I fixed it up. Bring it home. Here a Before and After $ spend .

PDRM1610.JPG

Werner05 (1).jpg

Brewery is closed on Tuesday, darn!  I did the Harley Davidson museum instead and it was pretty cool.  I’m heading back through Milwaukee on Friday so will do the Pabst brewery on my way to Chicago.  Any input on things to see in Chicago?

17 hours ago, tntmo said:

Brewery is closed on Tuesday, darn!  I did the Harley Davidson museum instead and it was pretty cool.  I’m heading back through Milwaukee on Friday so will do the Pabst brewery on my way to Chicago.  Any input on things to see in Chicago?

Your wife.  

Fly her out and take her to brunch in the Trump Tower.  Then let her shop the miracle mile.

Seriously.

She'll never forget it.

Soldier Field is always a good stop, as is Navy Pier but you been to Santa Monica pier you know what to expect so...

Lou Malnati's for real Chi-town deep dish, and if you're jonesing for a hot beef sandwich you'll want to hit up a Portillo's! 

In terms of ACTUAL sites etc I got nothin'. I mean....I hear there's a bigass lake there :) but that's about it

I heard this was Kug’s hometown, so I made sure he had a presence.

7F2E31AC-939C-471B-B9C8-EC810E5503EF.jpeg

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

Your wife.  

Fly her out and take her to brunch in the Trump Tower.  Then let her shop the miracle mile.

Seriously.

She'll never forget it.

She’s arriving Friday night and staying until Sunday.

22 hours ago, tntmo said:

She’s arriving Friday night and staying until Sunday.

either you listen well, or you're a lot smarter than I thought you were.  Not ready to accept that yet though.

Chicago is an amazing town.  I'm not kidding about the Trump Tower though.  The brunch  in his restaurant called "Sixteen" is as good as it gets, and the view it comes with is one of the better in Chicago.  I'm probably not completely unbiased though as I worked with them a few times producing Icelandic foods and drinks for some clients.  Call Amex before you go and ask them to increase your credit limit.

And for gawdsakes, don't let her stuff a bunch of handmade eclairs in her purse and your pockets.  That's just tacky.

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

either you listen well, or you're a lot smarter than I thought you were.  Not ready to accept that yet though.

Chicago is an amazing town.  I'm not kidding about the Trump Tower though.  The brunch  in his restaurant called "Sixteen" is as good as it gets, and the view it comes with is one of the better in Chicago.  I'm probably not completely unbiased though as I worked with them a few times producing Icelandic foods and drinks for some clients.  Call Amex before you go and ask them to increase your credit limit.

And for gawdsakes, don't let her stuff a bunch of handmade eclairs in her purse and your pockets.  That's just tacky.

Haha, yeah I already had her flying out! I’m wearing cargo pants specifically to nab some additional eclairs.

On 8/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, tntmo said:

I heard this was Kug’s hometown, so I made sure he had a presence.

7F2E31AC-939C-471B-B9C8-EC810E5503EF.jpeg

Thanks Tom - you made my day !

The lady came out to Chicago for a few days, we played tourist.  Then I rode out to New Jersey to see my brother.  Now I have seen three oceans on this trip!  Had a few fun roads on the way and visited Puxutawney Phil.

12F21897-6688-43E1-8111-6B4463B8BB43.jpeg

9A259DE1-397B-406A-9407-DDA79B25A359.jpeg