13 hours ago, SoCalMule said:

Wow Paul! How wonderful! Obviously a trained professional photographer took these spectacular photographs! 

Untrained.

But experienced! B)

3 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Untrained.

But experienced! B)

"self-trained"?

best regards,

johnnyg

On 6/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, Oracle said:

Those are some great pictures, you should think about getting into photography.

Thanks for posting Paul . The pics are very  nice.

Glad you had a safe trip. Thanks for sharing the great photos:good:

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

Mr. PMB, 

Your timing was excellent as the Fire Season has begun. Ten miles north of Durango in Colorado plus a big one in New Mexico near Cimarron.

The Passes are open, now the forests are closing. July before the Monsoon season.

2 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Mr. PMB, 

Your timing was excellent

You don't know the half of it!

Our son had a persistent cough for a couple weeks prior to my departure, but was "on the mend" when I left. On Wednesday, he told me his cough had "changed" in nature, so I told him to get his ass to our family doc. He went on Friday, and while I was driving home from my last stop in Las Vegas, he texted me to say he had a pneumothorax, and the doc was saying he needed to go to the ER right away. :o

About a pneumothorax: it's not uncommon in "tall, skinny teen males" after a long bout of coughing from a cold, bronchitis, or other otherwise benign hacks. A thin spot on the lung allows air to pass into the adjacent chest cavity, thus partially (in this case) deflating the lung.

They insert a tube into the chest cavity between the ribs and vacuum out the bubble and allowing the lung to fully inflate and hopefully repair itself.
The tube they use stays in the chest for 24-ish hours to maintain the vacuum necessary to allow the lung to keep it's shape while healing.
They will clamp off the chest tube soon (we hope) to:
1. Confirm the lung's integrity.

2. Be 100% certain Jesse does not violently deflate with a ptptplptptplpptptp sound, flying around the room in random directions, like an untied party balloon.

My low-fuel light came on in Kearny Mesa, I made it home, jumped out of the truck, jumped into our other car (with my wife) and headed off to the ER- didn't even go in the house.

He's was discharged yesterday, and is back at work today.

Whew.

So far, no leaks.

Yeah. Timing. Welcome home Dad!

9 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

God bless you all! Divine timing! So glad to know that Jesse is on the mend! 

3 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

He's was discharged yesterday, and is back at work today.

Whew.

So far, no leaks.

Yeah. Timing. Welcome home Dad!

Whoa! Glad to hear that your son is ok Paul! :thumbsup_anim:

The Important thing is;  He got back to work promptly.  ;)

Usually when I get back to town, people don't realize I had been gone!

Prayers for your son that this is just an isolated incident with no additional concerns!

Thanks, all, for the kind words.

Jesse became a certified SCUBA diver at 13- we had one dive together, which was Molokini Crater.

Doc says no more diving for him. :angry:

But otherwise he'll likely be fine. He needs to put on a few pounds- which I could give him summa mine.

All jokes aside when it comes to our kids. Glad he is on the mend, PMB. I hear the hot sauce at Las Cuatros Milpas cures all.

Quite the adventure on the road and at home. Paul if you have a ride route map (gps?) please post. Unless I missed that you already did post it, ignore me. Thanks. 

Just now, Logroller said:

Quite the adventure on the road and at home. Paul if you have a ride route map (gps?) please post. Unless I missed that you already did post it, ignore me. Thanks. 

I don't but both are very easy to find. I spent a bunch of time getting tracks for White Rim that I never even followed- only one road. Sure, you need to figure out where to start, but that's mostly maps, and you'll end up back in the same place.

Colorado is also really easy- just google "Alpine Loop" and there's lots of resources.