Haven't posted in a long time... since my first join. 

Anyways over the last few months I’ve been building a 99 kx250 street legal. Haven’t got far because of work but this thread. I will document my complete rebuild... so I encourage all to give suggestions about degree of the build. I Plan on doing a bare bones “repair what is needed” build. But I’m open to ideas.. I will be in the ocotillo for a friends batchlor party on the 18th of May so I have a dead line.

enough story look at the pics.

188C3ADF-2811-4CB5-B38A-2EF9A2745B7A.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

cool project functionally sound. but heck once dialed in new plastics/BNG and a headlight (enduro) type would look cooler. gotta look good too!! nice tool box sticker

Love the document hanger.  How does that work??

:lol:   There is a market for that

Love the survival kit...;)

Good Job! Looks great. I enjoyed my 1990 KX 250 (1st yr. perimeter frame on any dirt bike) set it up to be a woods bike. 

Checking in..won’t get much done still waiting on some pretty important parts for the motor some that may have never been on the motor 

78682E40-7873-4A5E-A33F-15F527888CEF.jpeg

image.jpg

I love 2 strokes. So easy to work with.

and you are spot on with the exploded view parts diagram sheet, I've been using that method for years of rebuilds and maintenance.

my next project is on the bench. 1988 KX125.

hope you install an enduro style (KDX type) headlite mask, although functional those bug eyes look silly.

14 hours ago, robertaccio said:

I love 2 strokes. So easy to work with.

and you are spot on with the exploded view parts diagram sheet, I've been using that method for years of rebuilds and maintenance.

my next project is on the bench. 1988 KX125.

hope you install an enduro style (KDX type) headlite mask, although functional those bug eyes look silly.

Aww man thought those lights were cool I want to do a Baja style headlight frame eventually 

She lives!!!! I’ve got today after work to finish it Friday I’ll be loading up for the desert. My clutch cable was stretched out had to get a new one. Gonna change the oil add a whip bracket throw a flag on adjust the chain, and I’ll be on the road

0AA08A91-7C40-4A55-9D87-173347AE9EB7.jpeg

81E991AC-40DC-4514-82EA-EDE9218E93C8.jpeg

9615F3F0-EEF5-4924-8BD6-C7EA63A0AE3F.jpeg