alyeska

The Wave

can we stop this! Ive been driving and building jeeps for many years for myself and others and we had the jeep wave which drove me crazy, total strangers who don't know each other who wave like they were long lost cousins, then came on road bikes and the torment continued, now its the new vette thing, I can live with the jeep and the vette but the bike wave bugs the hell out of me when Im in a tight turn on Montezuma grade and im moving and a guy on a Harley going 2.5 miles per hour and in total control waves at  me and expects me to wave back.  I want to invent a rubber hand that attaches to my left grip so I don't have to wave anymore in tight situations, what you think? just a little rant.

I like the both the bike and jeep wave.  Makes me feel not so isolated and like I actually belong somewhere in this world.  If somebody waves at me while I'm busy diving into a mountainside turn on my sporty bike, I just nod at them in return and don't worry about the rest.

Good answer! I do the nod also when im layed over dragging a peg

Did a dual sport ride to from la mesa to anza and back today , on the way back did street from warner spring to santa ysabel then home threw ramona and couldn't believe every sport bike and hardly waved at me nearly 100 total was in shock on my dual sport. I f***ing hate riding street so was extremely bored and started some obnoxious waves back just out of spite  probably pissed off a couple Harley guys.

Wave if you want, don't wave if you don't want to, I don't care if you wave back to me if I wave. 

Do people really have this little going on in their lives that they worry about things like this?    I mean, I do....because I just wrote about it, but the rest of you?  I'm stunned!  :P

I use my high beam FLASH if I like to. one for the whole Group.

I like it.  It's a gesture that says "aren't we lucky to be out here having fun instead of watching TV with the rest of the world".  And I nod when I'm not wanting to take a hand off the bars.

So here I sit, watching TV instead with no-one to wave at except for you guys here on line.  :bye:

........... because, I don't want to go outside and clean up the back yard.  I just want to go out in the garage and stare at my bike for awhile and then suit up and ride to no-where and back.

I often wave...don't care if they wave back.

But won't wave if I'm leaned over in a corner, I'll nod if it doesn't break my concentration.

I don't wave on the freeway because I'm focused on what's around me, not the bike coming the opposite way.

Ha ha...you should see what it's like for me when I'm on my work bike. People will start to wave at me, then realize I'm a motor cop, and pull their hand back really quick and try to act cool like no way are they waving at a motor cop. 

i'll wave to most everyone, but i always take it back when it's a scooter... and waving in corners is fun!

download.jpg.840781ef83bc890167b15bc839a9a543.jpg

this is not me, but someone clearly having a great time. 

best regards, 

johnnyg

22 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Ha ha...you should see what it's like for me when I'm on my work bike. People will start to wave at me, then realize I'm a motor cop, and pull their hand back really quick and try to act cool like no way are they waving at a motor cop. 

i've done that... do you wave back when working? 

best regards,

johnnyg

41 minutes ago, johnnyg said:

i've done that... do you wave back when working? 

best regards,

johnnyg

Yes, I do. And smile too.

The only time I don't wave back is if I'm on the freeway and splitting lanes in heavy traffic and a guy going to opposite way in no traffic waves. Staying alive is a little more important to me. :thumbsup_anim:

Scooters are riders too!  All two wheels matter. F@&$ trikes, though.

I'm a secondary waver, if they wave first but its usually just the 2 fingers

more than 2 wheels is not a motorcycle even according to the vehicle code.

5 hours ago, johnnyg said:

i'll wave to most everyone, but i always take it back when it's a scooter... and waving in corners is fun!

I will admit that I do not wave at scooters either!

Jim and I went on a ride today, had a few tough guys who decided not to wave back.  With our superior riding skills, we turned around, chased them down and gave them a SDAR whooping to teach them good!  Stand by for more waves than ever.  You’re welcome....

I give everyone the SDAR salute, motorcycle, scooter, car, leo, etc......Doesn’t matter if I’m on my bike or not.

Just now, tntmo said:

Jim and I went on a ride today, had a few tough guys who decided not to wave back.  With our superior riding skills, we turned around, chased them down and gave them a SDAR whooping to teach them good!  Stand by for more waves than ever.  You’re welcome....

Good to hear. Someone has to represent. :skull:

7 hours ago, Oracle said:

You still ride a M bike, and some even SMILE back.

Personally I like the wave. I don't take as "hello old friend" I take more as hey, I see you and I'm watching out for you. When I see a motorcyclist on the side of the road I stop to help, on my bike or in my car. The other guys may not actually be watching out for me, but... I am.

I will always wave to scooter riders.

This one was kind enough to give me a ride yesterday when I ran out of gas on Hywy 125.

26917810387_1865c8ac05_b.jpg

She goes by "Mustang Sally" and took pity on my walking up the road, helmet in hand.

Who knew that a GSA would only go 293 miles on a tank.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:16 AM, Oracle said:

-1 for the retracto cop! Ha!

14 hours ago, Zubb said:

I will always wave to scooter riders.

This one was kind enough to give me a ride yesterday when I ran out of gas on Hywy 125.

26917810387_1865c8ac05_b.jpg

She goes by "Mustang Sally" and took pity on my walking up the road, helmet in hand.

Who knew that a GSA would only go 293 miles on a tank.

Zubb...did you know she was behind you? Sped up and faked being out of gas? Nice move Maverick!