I haven't been riding much over the past 3 years and starting in April I hope to change that. 

My initial thought is to camp at Keyesville recreation area for a couple days. There is open camping there and vault toilets. We can ride the Kern canyon trail to Badger Gap and back. That's mostly a loop and about 50 miles of singletrack in a 52 mile ride. Second day is up into the pines and as high and far as the snow pack will let us go. By mid April it shouldn't be a problem getting just about everywhere. 

Day 3 and 4 can played by ear. More fun from Keyesville or on the other side of the river in the Piute mts.

The days will be spent trail riding intermediate and better terrain. Getting deep into the single track is a great way to improve your overall riding skills. 

I'm working on this past as I travel. Check back for more info after the next stop. 

1 hour ago, skeelo221 said:

@Bp619 was telling me about this one -- I should be able to make it

Post said area has vaulted toilets good for u I know thats a must since u only sit 

Any interest in riding farther North and East? Im thinking Bishop-Highway 6-Fish lake Valley Hot well-east to Moab? I would be in my camper towing the bike trailer. Higher elevations are pretty cold at the moment, but should warm up. 

17 hours ago, skeelo221 said:

@Bp619 was telling me about this one -- I should be able to make it

Looking forward to it. I'll put up some photos later so you'll have a good idea of the terrain.

6 hours ago, V-Dog said:

Any interest in riding farther North and East? Im thinking Bishop-Highway 6-Fish lake Valley Hot well-east to Moab? I would be in my camper towing the bike trailer. Higher elevations are pretty cold at the moment, but should warm up. 

I don't own a plated bike and my YZ is only good for 75 miles on its tank. April is about the last chance to ride the low elevation trails up there. 

Here's a few photos from my photobucket account. I'm not sure if or how long they'll work, but here's a couple trails.

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

100_1175.jpg

7f5be0e8-ef2a-4c9a-bee3-2eba5a29b5d4.jpg

I forgot to mention that I will be camping for 3-4 days. If anyone wants to join in for just the weekend that's quite alright with me. I'll give exact coordinates for camp or trailhead when I get there.

Jon 

Wow...that's great looking terrain! :good:

That area is Huell Howser level California Gold.

Those are just a few of the not very recent ones from the area I would like to ride.  I'm hesitant to upload more to Photobucket after the recent subscription debacle. 

Here's one of me taken a couple years ago on the Kern Canyon Trail. This trail is one of the best I've ever ridden. Nothing difficult to it other than being on a hillside, just miles of smooth singletrack with incredible views of the canyon and Mountains. It later meets up with the Kern River Trail that drops down to the river's edge and has some technical bits and a little cliff exposure but in the words of Huell, "That's amazing!"

FB_IMG_1521010949564.jpg

28 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

Those are just a few of the not very recent ones from the area I would like to ride.  I'm hesitant to upload more to Photobucket after the recent subscription debacle. 

Here's one of me taken a couple years ago on the Kern Canyon Trail. This trail is one of the best I've ever ridden. Nothing difficult to it other than being on a hillside, just miles of smooth singletrack with incredible views of the canyon and Mountains. It later meets up with the Kern River Trail that drops down to the river's edge and has some technical bits and a little cliff exposure but in the words of Huell, "That's amazing!"

FB_IMG_1521010949564.jpg

"That area is Huell Howser level California Gold...in the words of Huell, that's amazing!"

NICE! :smile_anim:

1 hour ago, PastaPilot said:

FB_IMG_1521010949564.jpg

Jon,

Is this an ADV rider Ride? I am pretty good on my GS,  should I join the event?

Bagstr

PS -  Really Looks like a 150cc  would be ideal.   Great Stuff!

Well Dave you were there in 2012.

2012-09-22131030.jpg

It was really dusty that year but I think you had a 450.

A GS is a road bike and 150 a child's bike. Stick with a 450, or comparable size machine, and you'll be fine. 

Oh man, this looks epic.  I am not sure my bike would be ready that soon.  I picked up an older KTM 450 exc that was never plated and has not been registered in 10 years.  I am trying to get everything squared away asap.

Make sure you've got a spark arrestor installed then come out and ride anyway. 

Or just get the OHV sticker. We'll be trail riding.

Hey PP, 

Sadly, not looking too good for me anymore.  For the 10 hour drive roundtrip to be worth it I'd need at least 3 days riding like you are planning but doesn't look like I'll be able to get away for that long.  

Come for the weekend. If you can drive up Friday you'll leave Sunday afternoon content and happy you made the effort. 

I understand. I've done many Friday night to Sunday afternoon trips up there. But I've been there before and you've only seen my photos. To me it IS worth it.

Try to get Friday off and off you can't catch the next trip or let's try to setup a weekend trip you can.

I tried to get my taxes wrapped up Monday and found I was missing some information. I'll probably file for an extension with California but if I have the information before Tuesday I want to get them done.

Postponing the trip one week for the tax man, same plan otherwise.

Plate not required. Sticker color is not important. Current registration and functioning spark arrestor is all that matters.

4 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

Plate not required. Sticker color is not important. Current registration and functioning spark arrestor is all that matters.

Cool, got all back fees paid last week and spark arrestor is in excellent condition.  Now I need to get work to lighten up a bit so I can go for a few days.