MauleR

Ogio flight vest

Hey guys I'm in need of a new backpack and was about to pull the trigger on the ogio flight vest. I've read some reviews and most people seem to like them with the main complaint being that they don't flow air well. I've been considering the more expensive klim arsenal vest since it looks like it would breath a little better. Anyone use the klim? And if so is it worth the extra $50ish?? Thanks!

I have one and haven't been bothered by the heat, you are more the welcome to try it out if you like. If you decided to buy one I can get you one for $110 total. You would just have to pick it up as the shipping would cost to much. Im in Penasquitos or San Marcos.

Kelly 

Kelly, are you referring to the Ogio or Klim? Also thanks for the offer I might have to take you up on it!

Brian

I have both. The Klim is hands down better. It flows more air and it is shorter in the back. The Ogio hangs down too far in the back IMO. The Klim is worth the extra money.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to come down to Ramona and check them both out side by side.

Oracle, thanks for the info! That's kind of what I was thinking just based on pictures.

13 hours ago, socalhodaka said:

Ogio

Can you get the Klim vest ?

I had one. Used it once and never used it again. Sold it off a year or two later. 

Too hot, too heavy and all the compartments make it very easy to carry more crap than is really needed making it heavier yet. My mid-size High Sierra hydro pack has served me well for almost 10 years.

I liked the way the Ogio flight vest distributed the weight, but as others have said it doesn't offer much in the way of ventilation. Bought a Klim backpack and haven't touched my flight vest since. 

another vote for the Klim.  It does flow air pretty well.  the whole thing is mesh and and the pocket areas are the only areas that dont directly flow onto you.  gotta use some common sense when loading them.  Just because you have the space doesnt mean you need to fill it with something. 

I went from a small backpack and fanny pack to just the vest.  everything sits MUCH better and tigher to my body.  Fits well over my jacket too.  Back pack and fanny pack always had issues when trying to wear over a jacket.

Must be a personal preference thing i can see where people would love klim vest or ogio i personally hated the klim, never fit well or held weight well and if i didnt fill pockets up junk just felt like was sloshing around, vote for small light weight hydrationpack and minimal tools for single track, small hydration pack and wolfman daytripper saddle bags for dual sport. 

I actually ended up buying the klim. eBay had a 20% off coupon so I got it for $150 to my door. I wore it on Bagstrs ride the other day and it felt great!

Personally, I don't like wearing a vest or jacket like that when it's stuffed with all kinds of stuff....too bulky and cumbersome, restricts body movement, airflow, and adds to fatigue.

That's just my opinion.

Everyone definitely has their preferences, one of the common complaints I heard with the vests was that they are too heavy. If you feel the need to stuff every pocket full of something then I could see how it would add up. I transferred everything from my old CamelBak over and even added a few tools to the tool pack and half of the pockets didn't have anything in them, carrying the same weight as my old back pack felt way lighter with the vest. I'm ok with leaving pockets empty and having the carrying capacity if needed.

Congrats on the purchase. The main reason I prefer the vest set up over a backpack or hydration pack, is the better distribution of weight. I carry the same amount is a vest as I would with a backpack or hydration pack, it's just way better distributed. And for what is worth, I don't use the tool pack. The water is the only thing I carry on the back of my vest...everything else goes up front. Tools go on bike.

ive worn a ton of different types of vests and chest rigs while in the military.  Hard part a lot of people cant grasp is leaving unused space....unused.  saddle bags, backpacks, pockets, jackets, some people think if its open space there needs to be something in it. 

One plus with the vest that have velcro inside is you can buy a large sheet of the hook and loop material and kind of resize the pockets down with it or divide it. 

What do you guys carry in these vests? I still rock a tool bag when I'm in Baja and couldn't imagine carrying tools in a vest. lol

That said, I do need a better way of storing my phone, camera, and handheld.