All in All a good event this year. Good turnout. A lot of riders like our desert. Two guys drove in from Montery ( with major trailer problems on Fri afternoon ) just to get a taste of our sand.A challenge for some and no big deal for others. About 5-6 big adventure bikes did the dropoff and fish creek after. Trailside repairs and a oil run later and everyone rode out ok. 

Thanks Mike for doing the ride and his core group of buddies that helped him out with the event. It would never would have been pulled off without you. 

I  liked the route this year ( Sundays Also ) -- the guys could pick and chose a choice of routes . 

Good cool weather - kind of brisk at nite . 

I think everyone went home happy !  Post your pictures up ! 

Traffic jam at the Squeeze. They had to take the door off! 

0224180957.jpg

It was a good turnout. We did have some minor issues we had to overcome, but it all turned out well in the end. 

We had over 100 riders this year. Thanks to all who came out and and entered the event. 

Big thanks and appreciation to the volunteers who helped with the event. Some volunteers did not show so it was the smallest crew we had ever had. Sweep teams did a fantastic job sweeping the event and helping those who broke down. Tracy (as usual) made sure all the volunteers ate well over the weekend. Volunteers are the backbone of making the event run.

The Sponsors were great this year.  Veys, SD BMW, Escondido BMW, Moto Forza, GP Motorcycles, Moto World of El Cajon, NCY,  Soth Bay Motorsports, Martins Motorcycle Specialties, Top Value Tire, Cycle Gear, Rocky Mountain ATV, Butterfield Ranch, SatModo. Please support those who help support us. 

I did not get to take a lot of pictures as I was busy with the Recovery vehicle and dealing with issues as they arose. 

Great to hear and I will try to get a bike for the next years DASH.

Another Dash in the books.  Good times.  Here's a couple shots of the Carnage at the end of Pinyon.  Before and after.  JB Weld Quick and a beer can to the rescue!

P1030140.JPGf

P1030142.JPG

Glad to hear of the Route Changes.  Thanks for the Reportage and photos of the Big Men on Big Bikes taking the challenge.

image.png.920ef840b9c309a9c9bcba19c1d14fb8.png

Now That Photo tells the story -   Orange Bikes in the   background, standing by to make certain the Big Bikes get out alive!

19 minutes ago, karlaeda said:

What about the guy laying down in the background? Rider? All is good, I hope.

I missed that the first time I looked at the picture...had to do a "double-take!"

Just now, Dress4Less said:

I missed that the first time I looked at the picture...had to do a "double-take!"

Hes taking a nap cause they were going to be there for a long time.

GOPR5480.JPG

Thanks for the clarification Van! I like the giant "bobble-head" of Regan Macneil, aka: Linda Blair from the Excorcist on the rear of the bike!

Dave McCain Spring Junction is nice in February.  That must have been At Least a 3 hr turn-around for more oil; if that is what took place.

Were those monsters packing refreshments?

I did end up talking to those guys on Sunday and was happy to hear that they all made it back safe.  The patch wasn't my prettiest repair job but it worked.  Funny thing is that one of the guys had a stack of the beer can patches prefabbed and stored in his tool kit but he had the 24 hour version JBWeld.  

Let me know if any of you guys want the original high res photos. Sorry, those that didn't get a picture - I only had few hours to shoot out there on Saturday.

Great ride - took our crew to places we haven't ridden before.   Thanks to everyone that organized the event.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:43 PM, kkug said:

Trailside Repairs !!

0224181136.jpg

He was taking a nap --- A long one at that. Needed the rest for what was to come !

30 minutes ago, karlaeda said:

Let me know if any of you guys want the original high res photos. Sorry, those that didn't get a picture - I only had few hours to shoot out there on Saturday.

George were you riding or just spectating ? Did not see you. Are those shots on the Goat Trail ?? Good shots  !!!

Hey Ken, 

Thank you, I was just enjoying the ride from a comfy car seat this time. Too bad we didn't run into each other. 

Yep, goat trail- good eye!

16 hours ago, karlaeda said:

IMG_5082_zpskjlimy3v.jpg

I am curious about the luggage rack(s) on the rear of this KTM. Anyone know who the rider is? Are they on the SDAR Forum? If so, I would like to learn more about the rack set-up on that bike. Thanks in advance...

22 hours ago, Cosmo said:

"JB Weld Quick and a beer can to the rescue!"           There is a title to a song in     there!   Beer Can patch -  Add that to my kit

Another Dash in the books.  Good times.  Here's a couple shots of the Carnage at the end of Pinyon.  Before and after.  JB Weld Quick and a beer can to the rescue!

P1030140.JPGf

P1030142.JPG