Sign in to follow this  
unclecameron

Meet/Greet/Support Local Congressional Candidate

Just a reminder about the meet & greet/fundraiser for Brian Jones (Republican U.S. Representative Candidate, 52nd District)his website I'm going to co-sponsor with Gary Orr, owner of San Diego BMW Motorcycles this Saturday at my house in Mission Valley at 9227 Rebecca ave. SD, 92123 from 4-6 pm.

The way I see it SDAR is starting to get noticed more on the political scene, I think we had around 20 people at the town hall meeting last weekend, this will give us a chance to have more of a personal audience with someone who is already on the Santee City Council and has fought successfully for trail openings, and has already recruited volunteers in Santee to augment city forces, plans which he hopes to extend to

dualsport issues.

His main competition is Duncan Hunter Jr., whom I haven't heard much from, only the namesake of his father. Brian actually went riding with us and listened to Kevin whining for hours, and still wants to buy a bike :rolleyes: though probably not Kevin's :D

Anyway, I think we need to give back to the sport to keep things open for the next generation of riders, and becoming a politically recognizable force that won't take the closures sitting down is important. I eventually want phone calls from us to BLM and others to have quite an impact, and that comes from building political force, and here's a place to start. I'd like the local officials to know they can count on us, and so far we're off to a good start. Plus we'll provide the goodies, drinks and you can see Brian's scars from the various

hop-off's he's had while riding with us so far :D

I will be there. Don't know who I will vote for, but this will be educational and who knows who we might meet there.

Everyone, if you stop by today, doesn't mean you have to contribute or vote for Brian, just would show support from our club that we are interested in what goes on. Also, Cameron took the time to put together this event, so hopefully some people will show up.

It is casual and informal, not a formal event. If you have time to drop by, please do so.