Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

KTM Twins beware!

I ordered parts from them last week and they never sent me any tracking and its now wed a week later, they do not answer the phone, they will not respond to emails at all of their email addresses, they charged my credit card ($650 +) the same day, I am contacting my credit card company today to hold funds. I just don't want anyone else being screwed by them.

We run an eCommerce company (pool supplies) and tracking info is uploaded and sent as soon as we get it (most of it is automated but some is done manually by us).  To maintain a five star rating across multiple platforms is crucial to staying in business.  I do not know who this company is (KTM Twins) but I would also check and see if they sell elsewhere (eBay, Amazon, etc.) and see if you can make contact (what state are they out of?).  You might also check the BBB and Yelp and see if you can get any additional numbers or emails.  Cancelling your CC is the first step to protecting yourself; sorry to hear that you are going through this.

Their facebook page sez they are in the middle of a move to new facility, could be the reason for the prob. I've had good luck with them in the past.

6 hours ago, amgems said:

I've had good luck with them in the past.

Me too...

I got a bullshit email from them today saying I would have tracking by 5 pm its now 8pm and I have nothing, do not deal with these lying scumbags!

Got no tracking as promised, I guess my box is still sitting on their floor as they said, shut them off at visa this morning, found out if you refuse delivery (if it ever did show up) they have to take it back and they have no choice. Sorry about the rant but Ive been dealing with this nightmare for a week.

local close easy to deal with Rocky Mountain ATV.........super fast, super service full OEM catalog service. (mostly I use for OEM parts for my Japanese bikes.)

Or very local, like San Diego local Bike Bandit.

If you want to stick with on-line.

also East coast selection fast and easy is AOMC  Appalachian off road MC. just my 2 cents.

Ive also used KTM Hutt in the past don't even know if they are still around.

mostly I just call into or email my dealer to order stuff to support my dealer.

Did some detective work today and found dozens of complaints against them on adv rider and other sites, mostly complain about no communication and up to 7 weeks to deliver without any contact, pretty good reading, I tracked down their new location and spoke with prior co tenants who use to share a bldg. with them, a scooter store, after that conversation I understand the situation now, I was told " we are not sorry they are gone, we use to field multiple complaints from customers about not getting their parts" so if you did business with them and they delivered you are a lucky one, I know I will not deal with them again. By the way if you have to track them down I found they have moved to Richmond.

About a year ago and a half ago, KTM Twins was purchased by a new owner.  Before the change, I had nothing but good experiences.  Not so much with the new owners.  

just got a very long email from owner with a very detailed apology and at least admitting when items were promised shipped but they really weren't, I give them some credit for finally being honest, of course this came after me stopping their visa payment.  I will release it tomorrow and keep the stuff that finally showed up and what I now have 2 of I will send back to revzilla and rocky mountain atv. because I don't want to deal with them anymore with returns and I don't want to ever have to think about them again,  may post letter up here so it can be seen.

They sent me a email a couple of days ago asking for feedback,

Hey John,

Eli here, owner of KTM Twins.

I've noticed it has been a while since you've purchased from us, and I just wanted to check in to see what we could be doing to better serve you.

I started (the new) KTM Twins just about a year ago with the dream of making it the best one-stop shop for anyone with a KTM and an itch for adventure. A shop by the people for the people. 

If you have any candid feedback for me, I'd be very grateful. 

I hope we can earn your business again here at Twins, but even if that's not the case I'm here to hear out your feedback and answer any questions. 

Thanks for your time and support!

Eli
Owner, KTM Twins
www.ktmtwins.com

I ordered once from KTM Twins without issue, but that was a number of years ago.

I'll throw in a plug for Chaparral Motorsports in Riverside http://www.chaparral-racing.com/  I have ordered from Chap Moto a number of times over the past 4 years (gear, tires, oil, OEM KTM parts).  I have always been happy with the service.  Also stopped into their Riverside location on my way to Utah a couple of times.  Impressive layout of bikes, gear and accessories.  

Online, generally a full selection of OEM parts for KTMs and Japanese bikes.  Full line of gear and accessories as well.  Ship same day on in-stock items and typically have next day delivery with ground shipping (the cheapest) to San Diego.  Customer sales support (phone) has been great when needed very few times.  They were right on a return and reshipment of expensive knee braces when I had an issue.  Most orders are received without issue.

Their system is not the best at providing shipping confirm and tracking numbers.  However, they generally provide an order number quickly and you can look up order status almost immediately.  The only issue I had is that I received the shipping confirmation after I received the product the next day...  So not overly offended.

Selection and service on par with Revzilla and RMATV, which I have used a number of times as well.  I usually go to Chap Moto first because the product gets here quicker, for cheaper.

My $0.02 compadres!

Clearly, they are having some issues if they are sending emails out like that.