Should have drove the new vette then might have gotten better treatment, went elsewhere for purchase.

I felt the same way at Motoworld (where I buy parts all the time). 

Went to Southbay. 2 thumps up. 

See Chewy. 

back to veys where I bought my AT, sometimes saving a few bucks isn't worth (not that they were cheaper) being treated like another number.

There's always NCY up in San Marcos for KTM.  The guys there treat me well at the parts counter, and the sales guys aren't bad either.  Friendly crew.

1 hour ago, dirt dame said:

There's always NCY up in San Marcos for KTM.  The guys there treat me well at the parts counter, and the sales guys aren't bad either.  Friendly crew.

X2

All vehicle salespersons are a different form of human being (they kiss your ### depending on how much money you spend) so I guess it really doesn't matter! all you can do is find the place that you are comfortable with,  but remember they are still salespeople.

I know I'm a little late to this party but I bought my KTM from them and had a very fair experience. They were the most willing to work with me that I found... well them and Chaparral but I didn't want to drive all the way up there.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Van said:

X2

x3

You might want to be a bit cautious with the service department at Poway PS.  I had them change the tires on the wheels for my 1290 super adventure because it was on my way to/from work .  They ended up breaking the tire pressure sensor on the front wheel which they replaced on their dime.  When I went to pick them up the front tire was flat.  Ended up the rubber sealing band (that seals the spokes because of the tubeless tires) was also damaged and it took an extra couple of days to get that replaced again on their dime.  I dropped them off on Monday and they were not done until Friday.  Also they said I had to bring the bike in to program the new tire pressure sender.  When I got there on Saturday I realized the bike had already paired itself to the sensor.  I know it cost them more to replace the parts they damaged than I paid them for the tire change.  In the end it all worked out but was a hassle and took longer than it should and makes wonder about the mechanics...

No problem on my trip to Tombstone and back last weekend so all is well.

Poway ktm IS NOT anywhere like All American KTM !

I went to Poway ktm Honda after they started and jeez what a 

pieced  together operation, will not be back.

They rent two sides of a small strip mall, WTF?

I heard that they lost Tim, he was one of the mechanics at All American. Not sure where to go now.

52 minutes ago, BigJon01 said:

I heard that they lost Tim, he was one of the mechanics at All American. Not sure where to go now.

Mark in Paradise knows where he is

A friend of mine works with him, can't remember the name of the place in Santee. They are not an authorized KTM shop and are not tooled to work on KTM's electronically. Going to have to find a new shop I guess...

Hey guys, Tim is now working at: SD Power House they are located at: 14288 Olde Hwy 80 El Cajon CA 92021 619-328-5522 (the shop is closer to Lake Side than El Cajon). He is doing my total engine rebuild, JD jet kit, and fork/shock oil service this week. Cheers! Mark

1 hour ago, SoCalMule said:

Hey guys, Tim is now working at: SD Power House they are located at: 14288 Olde Hwy 80 El Cajon CA 92021 619-328-5522 (the shop is closer to Lake Side than El Cajon). He is doing my total engine rebuild, JD jet kit, and fork/shock oil service this week. Cheers! Mark

Good to know . 

Why are you doing re-build ?

3 hours ago, CVRick said:

Good to know . 

Why are you doing re-build ?

Hey CVRick, I decided to have a leak down check since I am running at 367 hours with 9845 miles on original components. Found 100% valve leak through the rings. Loosened the valves and the leak dropped to 38% through the rings. Knew I needed a top end, so I decided to have the bottom end opened to fix the slight play found in the counter shaft. RFS engines seem to work on the counter shaft (Play) around 10K miles. Note: It's only a hundred dollars more to get a "full crank assembly" verses just buying the crank and bearings with labor included. Due to the high hours I wanted a thorough engine rebuild. 

between me and my brother we purchase 4 bikes in the last 10 days and a shop in Poway was tried first but no go! I don't believe that shop will last.

Poway wanted to charge me 6 hrs labor for an oil change, clutch plate replacement and valve adjustment...just sayin'...

1 hour ago, stageracer said:

Poway wanted to charge me 6 hrs labor for an oil change, clutch plate replacement and valve adjustment...just sayin'...

Must be 4 1/2 hours to wash the bike.

3 hours ago, Covered in Dust said:

Must be 4 1/2 hours to wash the bike.

You work fast.  I was thinking 3 hours.

1.5 hours to replace clutch, change oil filters, and adjust valves = yes

6 hours = WTF???

No problems for me with Poway KTM. I go there for parts often. It's right around the corner for me so very convenient. Used to have to drive to NCY or Ramona. The parts department has been good. For parts not stocked they have ordered it and most times they get it in 2 days. Was going to buy my 500 from them. We had an excellent deal worked out and written up. But, by the time I had the cash to buy it, they were out of 2018's. I shoulda left a deposit. They offered me a 2019 at a good price, but GP still had a 2018 left. They whined a bit, but they matched the Poway price. Poway even did some warranty work on the bike purchased at GP. No problems. Back when Poway opened they sent me a card that gives 15% off aftermarket parts, 17% OEM parts, and 25% off Yoshimira exhaust KTM software upgrades and Oakley. I guess just because of my good looks. Naw, not really. I think they sent it because I gave 'em my address and email. Not promoting these guys, just saying my experience has been pretty good. Good experiences at GP and NCY as well.