AMA SANCTIONED / AMA INSURED (AMA Club Charter #3105)

As many of you know, I've been holding a fundraiser benefitting Children's Charities for the past 5 years out at Glamis North Hot Springs Resort.  The first 2 years the beneficiary was Children'sCancerResearch.org.  The last 3 years the beneficiary was the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation with the Orange County Dualies as my co-sponsor.   

There are already "Rides for Kids" nationwide benefitting the Pediatric Brian Tumor Foundation.  So this year I decided to go in a different direction with a different (local) beneficiary.  Team Parker for Life is a local (Lakeside) 501C3 charity.  Nice to be able to put faces/relationships together with names and keep the money local.  

I'm excited about this new beneficiary as well as the new partnership with my co-sponsor, PoundFoolish Watches.

The resort is already nearly 100% booked so go to their website first if you're interested in joining in the fun/staying with us.  Bashfords is another resort nearby.  There are also dry camping options nearby at the Salton Sea.   Brawley is also a short drive.  Likewise, you can dry camp at the Glamis Dunes and ride/drive over along the railroad tracks from the Beach Store.  You're welcome to donate even if your unable to attend. 

We're going with a new "Poker Run" format this year just to change things up a bit.......open to ALL off-road vehicles......no street plate required.

(Needed to make sure I had the AMA sanction/insurance and BLM permits in place before posting on SDAR. I'll get an earlier jump on the 2019 Fundraiser and post info sooner.)

REGISTER HERE FOR FUNDRAISER

028.JPG

Crawdaddy, 

Ill look into the poker run and see if i can make the ride. 

Have you heard of "Here with Hope" ? Its a pediatric cancer foundation started and run by my cousin, also in Ramona. She started it when her daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor and has done wonderful things for many pediatric cancer patients over the past 3 or so years. All proceeds stay in town to help local families. Still a small outfit but the foundation has really taken off recently. Maybe you guys could link up for events or something since it seems like you both have similair charitable interests. PM me if you want some more details and thank you for all you do to support organizations like this! F**K CANCER

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, StealthDingo said:

Crawdaddy, 

Ill look into the poker run and see if i can make the ride. 

Have you heard of "Here with Hope" ? Its a pediatric cancer foundation started and run by my cousin, also in Ramona. She started it when her daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor and has done wonderful things for many pediatric cancer patients over the past 3 or so years. All proceeds stay in town to help local families. Still a small outfit but the foundation has really taken off recently. Maybe you guys could link up for events or something since it seems like you both have similair charitable interests. PM me if you want some more details and thank you for all you do to support organizations like this! F**K CANCER

Have not heard of "Here with Hope". Thanks for the tip.  We'll see how this first year goes with TP4L.   I'd like to stay with one for a few years then possibly move on to an alternate.....I gave Children's Cancer Research a 2yr run and Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation a 3yr run.

In, booked a cabin. Great cause and great ride. Bikes, RZR’s, friends, beer what else could you ask for?

CiD

Quick Update:   Things are coming together nicely.   A multitude of sponsors and volunteers have stepped up.....hoping to net $10K plus for charity.......last year was $5.6K

Downside is I'll have to lay out ribbon/markers to each Poker stop since most of the RZR crowd do not have GPS units........oh well, whatever it takes.......

Poker hand draw stations will be fairly close to the resort (Bat Caves, Oasis, Train Trestle, Red Canyon.......and a last draw back at the resort/check-in)

I'll also have an optional dualsport loop for riders who want to ride more of the area after the last poker hand station in Red Canyon.......

Nice views of the Salton Sea from the Bat Caves......

039.JPG

I can't make it, but would like to donate. how can I do that?

Thanks again to all from SDAR who have supported the "CORE 4 Kids" fundraiser over the years........looking forward to surpassing $50K in cumulative donations in 2018! 

We're kicking ass on ticket sales/fundraising this year.........144 tickets sold as of yesterday with ~2 weeks to go.    As some of you know, we've managed to bring in ~$5K in each of the last 5 years with the exception being 2014 when we rec'd a single donation of $5K and brought in just over $10K.  Last year we raised $5.6K for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

I'll be disappointed if we fail to hit $15K in donations this year.

063.JPG

Count me in for 2 tickets. Got my cabin just haven’t gotten around to getting my tickets. I’ll do it tonight.

Thanks for doing this Chris.

CiD

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, Covered in Dust said:

Chris do you have tracks for the area and the poker run available?

CiD

Check your email ;)

Notice to all "CORE 4 Kids" Poker Run registrants:

There will be no formal meal on Saturday the 27th.  The $10 meal tickets are being converted to $10 vouchers that may be applied against any meal at any time at Sassy's Cafe.   This conversation is being made in an effort to lesson the burden on the kitchen staff at Glamis North Hot Springs Resort and give registrants the flexibility to choose when to apply their credit.  Turnout is significant (150+ tickets) and we don't want folks waiting for an hour for their food.

Please check in between 6-8pm on Friday the 26th or 8-10am on Saturday morning the 27th.

All poker hands must be turned in by 5pm on Saturday the 27th.

A raffle will be held on the steps of Sassy's cafe at 7pm on Saturday night the 27th"  

I would like to go on record formally protesting the movement of this event one week later on the calendar this year.  

Just now, Cosmo said:

I would like to go on record formally protesting the movement of this event one week later on the calendar this year.  

Sorry buddy, wasn't my idea.........this coming weekend worked out best for my co-sponsor and fundraiser beneficiary.......does help that there are no NFL playoffs this coming weekend......I guess that's why they chose it.......so more folks would step up/attend......

4 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

Sorry buddy, wasn't my idea.........this coming weekend worked out best for my co-sponsor and fundraiser beneficiary.......does help that there are no NFL playoffs this coming weekend......I guess that's why they chose it.......so more folks would step up/attend......

I get it.  The exact reason why I do Desert Rat on Pro Bowl weekend.  Notoriously the best weather weekend for the Dez is another.  I'm going to hit 400 again this year!  Hope to see ya at the Dash!

Heading out tomorrow morning, looking forward to seeing everyone there. Cabin 204, stop in if you have ??

CiD