KTMrad

15th Annual Anza Borrego Desert Dash Feb 2018

February 24 -25, 2018.

Hope you'll join us for SDAR's 15th Annual Desert Dash Dualsport Ride.

This year it's GPS ONLY, NO ROLLCHARTS.

Riders should have desert riding experience. Expert skill level is recommended for riders on big Adventure bikes.

Day 1 will be similar to last year's ride, with an option to ride to Salton City for a longer ride.

Day 2 is a free ride day. Riders can go exploring on their own, or use our GPS Tracks with different options to ride on Sunday. 

Full support and Sweep Crew will be provided by SDAR on Saturday only.

This is always a great event. We have even more support from shops and moto related businesses this year. We'll have the usual Saturday night Dinner with raffle giveaways after dinner at the clubhouse.

Same start/finish location at Butterfield Ranch RV Park.

Flyer Link HERE

Details on attached flyer.

Hope to see you there !!

20224 SDAR Flyer(1).pdf

Getting closer!  Saturday night Dinner is shaping up.

BBQ / Smoked Boneless Pork ribs or BBQ Smoked Chicken

Salad

3 sides ?

Chili 

Aloha!

Me another another newbie are stoked for our first Desert Dash.

Any tips, tricks or recommendations? Anything you wish someone would have told you before your first D.D.?

Novice Riders - 

1 GPS and 1 Rotopax gas can between us.  Honda 250 and DRZ 400 both with stock tanks.

Basic gear.  No coms.  

Any and all guidance welcome.

Thanks!!

1. Remember it's not a race. Ride your bike at your speed.  Just get out early enough to stay ahead of the sweep crews. 

2.. Make sure you do regular maintenance, filter changes before the ride. Sweep crews can help with flats if you need help but is a good idea to take a spare tube between the two of you. .  We can also get help if there is an injury or a broken bike. If you have a problem, it is best to stay together and wait for a sweep crew to come by. 

3.  Watch the weather reports.  We have had warm years and pretty cold ones.   It can be pretty chilly when leaving in the morning or getting back late in the day.  Dress in layers you can remove.  

4.  It's a long ride. Take water and stay hydrated. 

5. Have a blast.  I look forward to this ride every year. 

12 hours ago, the1904kid said:

Are there still spots?  Is online registration available?  

Yes, still spots, no online registration.

Contact ADV Bum, number is on flyer.

Excited to be joining in on this ride, but got a question. My ride partner may not be able to make it this weekend, so I'm curious if there's like bulletin board or something at the campground where people attending solo can find a group/partner?

Don’t think there’s a board, but I’m sure you can find someone to tag along with. 

Hang Around the Registration Room /  Tape a notice on the fireplace / chat people up.  You will find plenty willing to add you to their group. 

Park your bike in front, you will attract like minded folks.     Have fun!   The same applies to Friday evening.

Hey Lunchbox,

You can join our 2 man team if you want.

We are both newbies and welcome the extra brain power.  Will be there around 7 in a silver F150 4door.

White DRZ and red Honda.

Jack and Kyle

I am thinking about running out there early morning solo in my White Tundra with a XR440 on a Joe Hauler.  Maybe the straggler group will have me? (Don't wait if I don't make it).

Hey, will the Desert Dash GPS track download cleanly (via USB) into one of these old-school Garmin 60CSx?  Sometimes I have to break the tracks into small sections in order to get it to download all portions of the trail.

80674861-b0ee-49c5-bc03-fe22f3cc54c2?siz

I think you are limited to 20 saved Tracks.  You may want to save and clear your existing tracks in the handheld to have room.