BriKman

New bike ready to ride - 2018 YZ450FX

A few after-hours nights in the garage and my new YZ450FX is ready to go. Heading out to Ocotillo this weekend to break her in before multi-day rides in Mohave and Baja over the next couple months. Quickest of bolt-ons:

• IMS 3 Gallon Tank
  • Baja Designs XL80
  • LED Taillight
  • GYTR Radiator Fan Kit
  • Cycra® Factory ProBend CRM Racer Pack
  • Garmin Montana & Amps Rugged Mount
  • GYTR® Pivoting Levers
  • Off-Road Steering Stabilizer by GPR®
  • GYTR® by FMF® Aluminum PowerCore 4 Hex Muffler
  • GYTR® by FMF® QuietCore™ Spark Arrestor Insert
  • STI Ultra Heavy Duty Motorcycle Tubes
  • Twin Air Fuel Filter
  • Doubletake Enduro Mirror

Bike feels great on the street, looking forward to opening it up in the desert and trying out a few different tunes with the GYTR® Power Tuner.

IMG_4511.jpg

Are you going to get a plate for it ? Looks good !

Nice machine, I've been intrigued in these.  Looking forward to an off road report.

She is SEXY! Very nice indeed...:thumbsup_anim:

Sweet bike! What did you ride prior? I love the e-start on the WR, and the FX seems to be a no-brainer. I hope you can provide an in depth review of the bike soon! 

2 hours ago, Uncle Champ said:

Beautiful blue, but man wouldn't that look good orange!

Not a chance! That would just ruin it. The only vehicles that should be orange come with a shaker hood scoop.

3 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

Beautiful. Been tempted to trade in my 11 YZ450 for one of those. 

Brilliant machine---Hey Jon just go get the new bike. Ive ridden Tommys 2017 450FX, ......with Rekluse and full Dr D exhaust system,  start in 3rd gear and never shift in single track for days, flawless FI. feels a little heavy, but handles like its glued to the trail. and no I'm not getting one 2 strokas only for me anymore. the bike is brilliant, Yamaha should consider a tweener size machine like a bigger displacement 250 (300-350) that may tempt me.

Thanks for the comments guys. I got a couple hours on the bike in Ocotillo last weekend but mainly just sweeping kid rides and taking it somewhat easy to "break her in". I have always had motocross bikes prior to this (08 YZ450, 10 CRF450, 13 KX450) so she certainly feels a bit soft (I am 240ish geared up) but power feels good and e-start is fantastic, especially sweeping kid rides (I have 4 all on bikes). I plan to up the spring rates in the next couple weeks to dial in sag and rebound. We are heading out to Cougar Buttes/Johnson Valley area next week so I will report back once I have had a chance to open her up.

IMG_7037.JPG

Start of typical kid ride.

IMG_4540.jpg

Broke off with the older boys to take them down "Xpert Moto Slot"

IMG_4543.jpg

Nothing on 4 wheels fits here!