JaJa and myself are putting on a camp and ride for two days.   This will be a great ride for you if you would like to experience what it is like to camp off your bike.  We will be leaving JAJA's home in Ramona Friday November 3, no later than 2pm we will head up to Idyllwild and staying the night Idyllwild park (To make a reservation at this park for the 3rd call 800-234-7275, two tents per site, has bathrooms and warm showers, make your reservation soon).  We will eat dinner and breakfast in Idyllwild.  If you cannot make Fridays ride make sure you meet us at the shell station at 9:15 in Idyllwild Saturday morning.  

Saturday will be mostly dirt to Joshua Tree,  we will be camping up in the mountains and there is no cost for this night.   For Saturday you must provide yourself dinner and breakfast, and carry your own water.  Basically be able to take care of yourself for 24hr.  Once we are on the dirt road to the camp site no provisions for at least 25 miles.  Get up the next morning make breakfast and ride home.   

Riding conditions for Friday will be mostly all blacktop with some dirt.  Easy day ride!

Saturday will be mostly dirt and some sand.  The pace of the ride will be easy and casual riding, we want everyone who would like to join to have a safe and enjoyable experience.  If you have never camped off of your bike you do not know what you are missing.  It is something I love to do and it will unwinded your brain.  

I will be posting more information if we have riders who would like to join.  Again we will help you and tell you what gear you need if you have never camped off your bike before, you will need to post JAJA or myself with your questions.  

I'm 90% in on this.  Just need to move a couple things off that weekend.  Thanks for the invite Dan.  I'm fully self contained and will be running my swiss-army-bike.  Throw the boxes on the back, swap to the dirty wheel set with Heidenaus, and wipe off the headlight.  Let's roll!

I just got off the phone with the park ranger, and she is more concerned about no more than six people at a site, so 4-6 tents per site is ok. She also said 2 motorcycles will equal 1 car. So probably 4 bikes per site is just fine. Might have to pay per bike for an extra  vehicle? 

Do you already have a reservation? If so what site?

How much sand?

I will post the propose tour ASAP so you can check this on Googel map.

3 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

I just got off the phone with the park ranger, and she is more concerned about no more than six people at a site, so 4-6 tents per site is ok. She also said 2 motorcycles will equal 1 car. So probably 4 bikes per site is just fine. Might have to pay per bike for an extra  vehicle? 

Do you already have a reservation? If so what site?

How much sand?

Yes I do have a site already and it is close to the showers.  

Loose sand on gravel roads.  JAJA has been to the second site and he told me the sand is not bad.

OK, here some idea for the trip. "Caruthers canyon" is to far of the trip.

So Friday; Ramona 2 Idyllwild all asphalt. Camp with dinner somewhere in town. Breakfast in Idyllwild, than down the hill to Poppet flat and dirt road down to Banning, up to Big Bear (38) with some fire road if there open and we all feel comfortable. Lunch in BB and down the 18 to Lucerne valley, 247 to Joshua tree "Black Rock Camp ground" with time permitting a stop in Pioneertown. Dinner and Breakfast in Town. Sunday driving back via Joshua tree park, Mecca, Salton city. Anza

What you think?

Capture2.PNG

46 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

OK, here some idea for the trip. "Caruthers canyon" is to far of the trip.

So Friday; Ramona 2 Idyllwild all asphalt. Camp with dinner somewhere in town. Breakfast in Idyllwild, than down the hill to Poppet flat and dirt road down to Banning, up to Big Bear (38) with some fire road if there open and we all feel comfortable. Lunch in BB and down the 18 to Lucerne valley, 247 to Joshua tree "Black Rock Camp ground" with time permitting a stop in Pioneertown. Dinner and Breakfast in Town. Sunday driving back via Joshua tree park, Mecca, Salton city. Anza

What you think?

Capture2.PNG

If we are going to camp at black rock need to get campsite now.

All clear.  Am 100% in.

As soon as you settle on a campsite, please let us know which one so we can try to get one close by.

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

All clear.  Am 100% in.

As soon as you settle on a campsite, please let us know which one so we can try to get one close by.

I have site 27 for Friday,  I sent JaJa a post no sites are available for BlackRock.   I really think we should pirate camp somewhere on Saturday on our way down from Big Bear. 

34 minutes ago, danrider said:

I have site 27 for Friday,  I sent JaJa a post no sites are available for BlackRock.   I really think we should pirate camp somewhere on Saturday on our way down from Big Bear. 

I will check for open Camping on our way from Johnson valley. Will keep you informed.

Just looking around "Pioneertown" I can see many open spots like this.

5_day_BMW_ride_2015_037.JPG

I reserved #34, right across the road. You shouldn't here me snore from there?

No fires will be allowed besides something you can turn off!

I told Jim I'm bringing the iPad to set on the fire grate and play a YouTube loop of a campfire.  Not to worry guys.

PIRATE CAMPING It is, for the Saturday/Sunday night near Johnson Valley - Yucca Valley. Bring some BBQ (Brats) for the evening.

Just got a message from a ADV rider in "Landers"; 

"You can camp out in any BLM area, Giant Rock just down the road from us, or just camp here at our house. Small cabin with bathroom and secure yard...day rides all over the place. Pete "

You make the call:

We will find a good spot on the way down, no big deal either way.  This is what I love about camping off a bike, you can do what ever when ever. 

We will just go with the flow Saturday, this always makes for an adventure.,  we are not a tour group we are motorcycle riders. 

With passing Big Bear around lunch, we can shop in BB for food and Drinks. No need to carry this up in the dirt. 

Boy, I have the worst timing.  We leave Saturday the 4th to head to Germany to pick up my new car through the European Delivery Program, which if you've never heard of it is pretty cool.  Won't be back home till the 19th.

The 1190R is not getting much of a workout this year, nor are any of my other bikes.

Have fun everyone, hope to join you one one of these events before the 1190 dissolves into a pile of dust and rust from just sitting . . .

1 hour ago, darylhunter said:

Boy, I have the worst timing.  We leave Saturday the 4th to head to Germany to pick up my new car through the European Delivery Program, which if you've never heard of it is pretty cool.  Won't be back home till the 19th.

The 1190R is not getting much of a workout this year, nor are any of my other bikes.

Have fun everyone, hope to join you one one of these events before the 1190 dissolves into a pile of dust and rust from just sitting . . .

I hope it is a PORSCHE GT. 5 laps Nuerburgring training with Walter Roerl.

No, a Mercedes E63S AMG.

I thought it would be fun to take a touring lap on the Nuerburgring with it at a safe pace, but the insurance from Mercedes doesn't cover the ring.

We'll have it for two weeks, but I don't think that's going to be enough time to put the necessary 1000 miles on it for break in before I can open it up.  I know I could rack up the miles on my own, but the family will want to waste a lot of time doing non driving stuff like walking around and sight seeing - go figure . . . 

I'd hoped to be able to do at least one autobahn run to test out the 186 MPH speed limiter :)

6 hours ago, darylhunter said:

No, a Mercedes E63S AMG.

I thought it would be fun to take a touring lap on the Nuerburgring with it at a safe pace, but the insurance from Mercedes doesn't cover the ring.

We'll have it for two weeks, but I don't think that's going to be enough time to put the necessary 1000 miles on it for break in before I can open it up.  I know I could rack up the miles on my own, but the family will want to waste a lot of time doing non driving stuff like walking around and sight seeing - go figure . . . 

I'd hoped to be able to do at least one autobahn run to test out the 186 MPH speed limiter :)

I don't think you will run into the speed limiter. Only Autobahn I can think of is the one from Koeln to Trier. I did drive a Vette ZR1 in the 80th  there to our factory in Mandern. Still a nice ride and say hello to my friends. See you on the next ride.

20150911_090450_resized.jpg

I will be watching for another one of these rides. Got the side cases for the v-strom one day too late for this trip

1 hour ago, royboyz said:

I will be watching for another one of these rides. Got the side cases for the v-strom one day too late for this trip

What do you mean got? Past tense,we haven't gone yet!