ADV Bum

SDAR member AFRY - Arnie has passed

RIP Arnie.

I did not know Arnie, but I'm sure he felt the same way my friend Mike Baker did, and which has been expressed by a number of other riding friends.  If I go, I'd rather it be doing something I loved than sitting at my desk, etc.

Mike passed at Willow Springs of a ruptured aorta just a week after standing with me at my wedding as my best man.  

It's aways too early to go, but it sounds like he used his time well and went out doing something he loved in the end.

That is quite a shock! ?

I had always wanted to go see Arnie race  

My condolences go out to Arnie and Morgan's family. 

RIP

His Baja Track will live on at Dual Sport Maps.com

I have followed those tracks, and Goofy Footer, every trip I have been down there.

I was just showing some friends the tracks for a possible ride between Christmas and New Years.  I have been thinking about the few interations I had with him.. Just a really really good guy...

Arnie made me feel welcome from the moment I showed up on my first ride at Packards Coffee Shop.  I was riding my Triumph Scrambler and he had nothing but good things to say with a smile on his face.  I visited his house in Ramona for a barbecue and we became friends on Facebook.  Also, he was one hell of a dirt bike rider.  He will be remembered.  Thank you Arnie for your hospitality.

Arnie guided my very first Baja ride - just for the day for lobsters at Puerto Nuevo in late 2013.  I was fresh from Montana with a DR650 and was admittedly nervous about going into Mexico on a motorcycle.  Arnie provided reassuring words and a consistent smile throughout the experience.  Arnie helped me with a couple maintenance projects since then, and I attended a couple of his flat track races in Del Mar just to cheer him on.  He was always, always positive and enthusiastic.  He was a great guy.  I'm stunned by this news.  You will be missed, Afry.

Shiiiiiiiit. I'm sitting at the desk in my home office that I picked up from him. It is one of the retired items from his office in Ramona. We always talked about taking the YZ out for a flat track race and I always wanted to. I'm sad that he won't be there to coach me at my first race. Ride In Peace my friend.

From our English friend, Kris Boon, some of you met him on a couple rides he did with us....I met Kris and we became good friends, when he found our site San Diego Adventure Riders...and Kris met Arnie while staying in Ramona in his visits here to the USA....Kris and Arnie became good friends.
Kris is not on FB, so he said I could post this here for him.....

Dear All,

Especially Christi and Family,

So very sad to hear of the passing of one of life's true characters - it takes a while to sink in of the enormity of his loss to all who knew him. He certainly took me under his wing in Ramona and we had a lot of great times and rides.

Arnie was a true Friend, Gentleman and Adventurer; competent and trustworthy in both business and leisure, where he was never one to duck out or take a back seat: Admittedly I agree that is how he would have liked to go - while racing!

Of course we have to organise a Memorial Ride or some such event - I am sure it will be packed - let me know when and I will be there.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee" So get out there and live like Arnie Fry did - working and playing hard.

RIP Arnie,
Kris Boon

Arnie and Kris Coyote Cal14.JPG

I just heard about this on ADV, I am sorry to hear of his passing.

We lost a great guy in the moto world. He was always ready to help, and his enthusiasm was contagious. Condolences to his family. 

More pix of Arnie from some rides we did together....we had such a blast every time we rode and hung out....man, he was fast on that DR650 and any bike he rode.

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

nice posts big respect Arnie seems to have left a very nice legacy, RIP Afry.   Great fotos

Arnie Fry's celebration of life will be September 30th at the Ramona Fairgrounds located at 421 Aqua lane at 2 pm. Come and celebrate the life of the man who celebrated the best of everything. Smiles and tears, stories and hugs, thoughts of the great times shared with Arnie and Christie and the friends and families who love them so.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town. Please consider supporting a positive guy who gave himself to everyone.

This really sucks, he was definitely one of the good ones. Only met him a few times but he was always extraordinarily friendly and eager to pass on some of his quite extensive knowledge. I only rode with him once, and while I was pushing and pulling and sweating and swearing, there he was just rolling along right next to me with a smile on his face, at what to him must have been a leisurely pace. He was a great rider and one heck of a bike wrench, too. I bought his DR650 and Suzuki themselves couldn't have set it up more perfectly if you gave them 50 grand.

I barely knew him and he had a positive effect on me. Condolences to those that knew him well, and to those that never got the chance.

Won't be able to attend the gathering due to work unfortunately, but I'll be there in spirit.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:35 PM, TrophyHunter said:

Arnie Fry's celebration of life will be September 30th at the Ramona Fairgrounds located at 421 Aqua lane at 2 pm. Come and celebrate the life of the man who celebrated the best of everything. Smiles and tears, stories and hugs, thoughts of the great times shared with Arnie and Christie and the friends and families who love them so.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town. Please consider supporting a positive guy who gave himself to everyone.

His celebration will be a noon, the time changed due to another event that day, Christie just posted it on FB.

Im at a loss of words, Arnie...what a great guy! May he race in peace!

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG