Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Rossi breaks leg...on a dirt bike

I'm sure Yamaha is not so happy about this. It is like an NFL player getting injured during a weekday pickup game.

Rossi has his own Motocross track and invites all of his MotoGP buddies to race there for fun. Now the Doctor needs the doctor.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/successful-surgery-valentino-rossi/

Brutal...I remember my college football coaches telling me I "couldn't race dirt bikes" and "if I did, they'd take away my scholarship, etc. etc." well, football and dirt bike racing still happened!!!   

It's a passion, what else can I say. I gave up MX for an entire year before I went to the police academy. Back in those days, if you made one small mistake, you were a goner from the academy and your law enforcement career would vanish before your eyes because there really were no second chances. There was 500 guys waiting for your one spot. So I parked the bikes and hung up the gear. Two weeks after I graduated the academy (at this point I'm in field training and have a year probation ahead of me....basically they can fire you at will during that time) I could no longer resist the urge. I hit the MX track with my old riding buddies, we started racing, banging bars, etc, and I ended up going down hard after refusing to relinquish my inside line to a good friend who had a wheel up on me. I got slammed, broke my arm in several places, ended up having surgery, and was out of field training for 3 months. Oh I got my ass chewed out by the Captain, who threatened to fire me for being so stupid...but the worse thing was taking the heat from all the veterans officers. Let me just say they did not hold back in telling me what a dumb ass I was. It still comes up occasionally...more in jest now.