Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

5 to 10 Year Sentence in Death of My Cousin

Last year on Long Island, my cousin Paul, 47 years young, husband and father of 3, was killed by a drunk driver who was driving on a suspended license at speeds in excess of 100mph.

Just found out, the drunk driver got a 5 to 10 year sentence. My aunt told the driver she forgave him, because that's what Paul would've wanted.

sad state of affairs and its such a hard call when an accident is not really accident...5 to 10 sounds trivial but even 5 in the big house is hard time for an idiot that probably doesn't have a hardcore background..

I am becoming a fan of all the anti collision computer controls in cars as more folks are getting run down from inattention and downright irresponsibility in automobile drivers.

There are way too many distractions while driving these days, (phones, entertainment systems, GPS!), and of course the good old bad decision of driving while drunk! Some of the new driving assist stuff I think is just wrong, (park assist where the car parks itself, backup cameras when people don`t turn around and look also), if you can`t park maybe you should not drive!