RobATK94

Anyone else geochache while riding

I recently got back into searching for local geocaches now that my son is 4 and old enough to get excited about "finding treasure!"  

Now im looking for them on any of my local dual sport loops.  

Anyone else I to this, or am I the only geocache nerd.  Something interesting to do during our upcoming family camping trips. 

Give me 2 years until my daughter gets excited

I have done a few.  If I am riding by myself sometimes I'll stop and see if there is anything near by.  It's a great time if you don't have a destination in mind.

I have Been doing it with my son he's 9. Moto Geocaching i have only done out at Octillio wells, Theres quite a bit out there just about every quarter mile. and there pretty easy to spot and there usually bigger caches so the kids can trade some little bits. 

I used to do it a lot more.  I had a close friend who was really into and and rode.  It definitely adds a layer of enjoyment and forces you to find new paths that you might not have checked out. Even in areas you have ridden many times in, it can open your eyes.  

I've been geocaching since I could afford my first GPS, back in the late 90s. 

Where do you go? I'd love to plant one, I haven't done that yet. 

I've been riding hemet and anza a lot lately.  There are caches all over San jacinto OHV area, Palomar divide, high pointe, and all over that area.  Been picking off a few each time I go out.  Once it cools down I'm going to start checking out anza borrego a bit more.  

Like DSTSS said, it adds a new dimension to old trails. 

Im in for borrego when it cools probably gonna campout with baby couple weekends and have dad watch while i go on quick rides.