ADV Bum

Bike Tech day Escondido - Sat July 22

Fyi we only have non alcoholic drinks being provided if ya want a brew it is all on you.

DSM8, I have a last minute change of plans. My apologies but I have to go to the ER today. Not anything tragic. If I get out in time I'll stop by, but it'll be without my bike. 

28 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

DSM8, I have a last minute change of plans. My apologies but I have to go to the ER today. Not anything tragic. If I get out in time I'll stop by, but it'll be without my bike. 

Sorry to hear that hope you make it we have a metric fk ton of burgers

I'll bring some beers to barter for burgers. See y'all in a few.

2 hours ago, DSM8 said:

Sorry to hear that hope you make it we have a metric fk ton of burgers

Dammit! I'm still at the hospital. The way this is going I doubt I'll make it. 

Just got home (left when the BBQ fired up!).  Good to see Steve and Ken again, and nice to meet Mr. Jaja and Tom.  Thanks for putting this on; looked like a good time was being had by all!

just got home.. bored, shoulda kept riding.

bench racing still going on? Any leftover Brats? 

Thanks to everyone that showed inam terrible with names so if someone could do a rollcall of name to bike I would at least remeber that.

toll for the day

3 sets of tire changes ktm, klr, and front tube on an old dr the suddenly gave up the ghost.

Big job of plugs , valve check and brake pads swap and fluid change on an old 900 tiger. Man that thing has a lot of bolts holding it together.

one person did an oil change so much for haveing a capacity for 10 gallons of waste oil ? 

Since I dont know the names of who showed up i can say one item was left behind.

A cabella fisting cap in tan, advbum has it.

everyone cleaned up and pretty much left the place as you found it and that was much appreciated. 

I will put this out there to do again in the near future, and those have came if you have a dire need pm me and something csn be worked out for access to the speciality tools if needed.

I only showed up to tell lies and drink beers but I ended up eating a burger and a brat, helped do a valve check on a Tiger and left with a bunch of stuff I didn't expect to get haphazardly tied to the back of my Triumph with some paracord (made it home with no issues, BTW).  I also saw some familiar faces and met some new folks.  

Always a good time, now let's get together with this much force for a trail cleanup day!

thanks to dsm8 for hosting and the use of some specialty tools - your garage setup is top notch! and thanks to kkug for getting me to ncy and to tom tntmo for the encouragement on checking my valves - glad you made it safely with that beverly hillbillies loading! advbum mike cooks a mean burger too, it made for a great day. i just threw some coin into the website since i didn't have cash on me... great community of some rad folks!

best regards,

johnnyg

43 minutes ago, johnnyg said:

thanks to dsm8 for hosting and the use of some specialty tools - your garage setup is top notch! and thanks to kkug for getting me to ncy and to tom tntmo for the encouragement on checking my valves - glad you made it safely with that beverly hillbillies loading! advbum mike cooks a mean burger too, it made for a great day. i just threw some coin into the website since i didn't have cash on me... great community of some rad folks!

best regards,

johnnyg

No issues at all, just goes to show how versatile and badass the Tiger is.  I helped my buddy move a couch one time with it.  Well, I rode it to his house and we loaded a couch into his truck but I still count it.  

A Great day at the Escondido shop, it truly is an excellent workshop to do all that needs to be done to a bike!!

I really appreciated the expertise and depth of knowledge by those who were helping in the workshop.  The Host helped me when I slowed and wondered, and when DSM8 drifted off to help others, the master Kug guided me to the next step, along with DanRider.  Great to see a few of the SDAR upper management supporting the troops as well. Thanks fellas.  Nice to see those who I have met before and great to meet some new riders as well. Cheers. MacDuncan

It was nice to see everyone who showed and also for all the help on all the bikes that was given.  We truly do have a nice club of guys who like to help out and make a place like this available to work on your bikes.  I changed two tires [DSM8 I should say put them on for me with his cool tire stand, I just got them off the bike] and my bike oil.  

DSM8 I would like to thank you for opening up your garage to work on our bikes along with letting us use your equipment..... I wish I had your garage!....again it was good to see all of you SDAR guys!

29 minutes ago, danrider said:

It was nice to see everyone who showed and also for all the help on all the bikes that was given.  We truly do have a nice club of guys who like to help out and make a place like this available to work on your bikes.  I changed two tires [DSM8 I should say put them on for me with his cool tire stand, I just got them off the bike] and my bike oil.  

DSM8 I would like to thank you for opening up your garage to work on our bikes along with letting us use your equipment..... I wish I had your garage!....again it was good to see all of you SDAR guys!

No problem the machine makes most tires a cake walk but damn the one from the vegas bike was cooked on there.

dont be a stranger, wait let me rethink that....

Thanks to DSM8 for opening his home and garage.  It was a great tech day. Lots of things accomplished. Such a great group of folks in the DS community and on SDAR! Thanks to all who came out.

DSM8 has offered his home for another so we will be looking to do late Sept/ Oct.

I just went to see everyone.....was great seeing you all. Nice to see a few people got some good work done on their bikes.

Thanks to Mike and John for bringing the drinks and burgers. John, that homemade salsa was good !

Thanks to DSM8 Dave for hosting and helping people out !

I made the 20 minute ride from RB to Escondido and it was well worth it! Thanks to Dave for hosting the event. He has quite the shop set-up. Thanks to Mike for being the chief chef. Good to see Ken, Udo and Tom again, Nice to meet Van, Dan, Paul and others. Good showing and GREAT stories! Thanks all...

Sorry to have missed this.  I had other obligations I couldn't break.

Who is the guy with the German (??) accent riding the 1200GS.

Whom ever you are we talked about some welding stuff, please shoot me a PM with your contact info.

I want to get in touch with you.

31 minutes ago, DSM8 said:

Who is the guy with the German (??) accent riding the 1200GS.

Whom ever you are we talked about some welding stuff, please shoot me a PM with your contact info.

I want to get in touch with you.

Dave - that would be Mr.JaJa on this site...first name Udo...PM him.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, DSM8 said:

Thanks to everyone that showed inam terrible with names so if someone could do a rollcall of name to bike I would at least remeber that.

toll for the day

3 sets of tire changes ktm, klr, and front tube on an old dr the suddenly gave up the ghost.

Big job of plugs , valve check and brake pads swap and fluid change on an old 900 tiger. Man that thing has a lot of bolts holding it together.

one person did an oil change so much for haveing a capacity for 10 gallons of waste oil ? 

Since I dont know the names of who showed up i can say one item was left behind.

A cabella fisting cap in tan, advbum has it.

everyone cleaned up and pretty much left the place as you found it and that was much appreciated. 

I will put this out there to do again in the near future, and those have came if you have a dire need pm me and something csn be worked out for access to the speciality tools if needed.

The tan Cabela's fishing cap is mine......advbum(Mike) if you still have it, can I collect it from you? I sent you a PM...

I wish I'd tried harder to get to this, but customers are unforgiving in the summer months when their vacation plans are at stake.  I'll have to block out the calendar for the next one so that I can definitely make it.