ADV Bum

Bike Tech day Escondido - Sat July 22

DSM8 has graciously offered to host a bike tech day at his house in Escondido on Sat July 22. This is an event so that people can do maintenance on their bikes with the help and direction of their peers who are more experienced or for those who have just been procrastinating and looking for a reason to do something. Also a good excuse to meet other members and socialize!

Waste oil can be collected and held on site. Please bring the tools and parts needed to work on your project. 

We will have a BBQ going with non- alcoholic beverages provided. If you wish to bring something to share at the lunch that would be great.

DSM8 did not specify a time so I will let him chime in on what would work for him.

Please chime in if you are coming and if you will be bringing something.

The location would be 925 Chardonney Way,  Escondido 92029

Since we are talking BBQ start time can be 10am figure this can run till 5 if need be.

i do have plenty of tools but suggest bringing anything specialized tools your bike might need like the bmw fill plug tool etc.

i can collect both waste oil, used filters and oil containers.

if you want to mail order and ship to my place do so and pm me its coming.

open to starting earlier if people want so chime in and lets us know

once here come into back yard via gate on left side of house

What an amazing offer i have full shop space at my house or else would take you up on it. Thanks for offering up your time and space to everyone on here

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

What an amazing offer i have full shop space at my house or else would take you up on it. Thanks for offering up your time and space to everyone on here

No escuse you should still come anyways

?

Even if u don't need to work on bike, you should go anyway to socialize, if u have time that day.

30 minutes ago, carguy said:

10am BBQ, I will try to join you.:D

Well we open at 10 bbq starts a little later lol

need more than two people though to make this happen

1 hour ago, DSM8 said:

Well we open at 10 bbq starts a little later lol

need more than two people though to make this happen

I'll bring burgers & homemade salsa!?!B)

i'm definitely interested... i have a stebel horn to install on my '06 tiger, and it could use a new chain as well. will know better over this weekend what my schedule looks like.

thanks to dsm8 for hosting!

best regards,

johnnyg

I'll definitely drop in. Need dsm8 to convert my bike from EFI to Carb. Apparently that's a thing. 

Just now, Shooby said:

I'll definitely drop in. Need dsm8 to convert my bike from EFI to Carb. Apparently that's a thing. 

For the right price you might be able to buy mine....might

4 hours ago, DSM8 said:

For the right price you might be able to buy mine....might

You know, my "right price" and yours are so far apart that "might" is not an option. 

Don't miss this opportunity folks, Dsm8 has a proper set up.

Tech day is approaching. We need to start getting a head count to see if this is worth DSM8 opening up his home. Please chime "IN" if your planning on attending. Thank you!

Kug is in to lurk and to brag about my new 500.

29 minutes ago, kkug said:

CRAP - You are parking on the street, way down the street....

;)

IN. I put it on my calendar and will most likely be there. I don't need anything done on my bike, but I could use some riding buddies. I would also like to talk about local places to ride dirt (legally of course). I may have some suspension questions. 

In return I'm working on a cheap-as-possible race data logger for video overlay using free software, and it will probably be ready to go by then. If anyone is interested in such a thing I can help them out. I would imagine you will be able to do this for less than $100, with a lot of expansion options. It's unlike expensive loggers, even some in the $800 range cannot do everything this can. For a little more money you can add a display and see the info real-time. Anyway I'm not selling them, just showing people how easy they are to make.

Here's a prototype video, almost all of the issues were worked out this morning, and the results are great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7MgvanACk 

See you around.

- Jon

Possible....I'm supposed to be home but sometimes we get extended on these short pleasure cruises.  I have nothing that I'm planning to work on but am able to offer unwarranted advice and can eat/drink if offered.

3 hours ago, kkug said:

Ken bring you tire stand if you can. 

Can anyone bring a tire stand to change tires?

i will see you guys next Saturday

I have nothing to work on but would like to try and stop by and meet some of you guys if possible.  Since I have nothing to offer I promise not to eat or drink anything!

Well looks like we have enough peopel to have this shindig

?

I volunteered to bring burgers & salsa. Can someone bring condiments/ cheese/ buns & chips? Oh and BEER! :D