Here is some information I feel needs to be passed to our community

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 11, 2008 CONTACT: Joe Kasper (202) 225-5672

HUNTER TO HOLD OFF-ROADING TOWN HALL

California State Director of the Bureau of Land Management to attend

El Cajon – Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) will hold a town hall meeting on Saturday, March 22nd at 9 AM PT, to discuss issues involving the off-roading community. Congressman Hunter will also be joined by special guest Mike Pool, the California State Director of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).

Topic and Guests: San Diego Congressman Duncan Hunter and State BLM Director Mike Pool will discuss a variety of issues with the off-roading community;

Date and Time: Saturday, March 22, 2008, from 9 AM PT to 11 AM PT;

Location: Cuyamaca College Student Center in El Cajon (900 Rancho San Diego Parkway), Conference Rooms 1207 and 1208.

Parking is available in Student Lot #4, as indicated by the attached map of the Cuyamaca campus.

I'm there!!!

If you're planning a local ride for the 22nd, PLEEEEEASE make this stop a part of your trip. If you're not planning a local ride, PLEEEEASE come by and support the meeting :lol: PLEEEEEASE... :lol:

I'm there!!!

If you're planning a local ride for the 22nd, PLEEEEEASE make this stop a part of your trip. If you're not planning a local ride, PLEEEEASE come by and support the meeting :lol: PLEEEEEASE... :lol:

I'll be there if I'm in town....

People....this is a PUBLIC meeting.......I think there's no reason we shouldn't have at least 20 members show up from SDAR !!

Showing support in NUMBERS really makes a difference !!

People....this is a PUBLIC meeting.......I think there's no reason we shouldn't have at least 20 members show up from SDAR !!

Showing support in NUMBERS really makes a difference !!

Yeah wouldn't it be cool for about 20 of use to pull up on our dual sport bikes. This one is a real easy for me. I have a fantasy baseball team draft at noon at hooleys right down the road. So I get to attend the off road meeting then head to the bar for lunch, brews (responsible amount), and fun. ^_^

How about we all go to the meeting on our bikes, then go riding somewhere after the meeting ?

I'll post details in the Informal Rides Section. To attend the ride, you must also go to the meeting !!

Sounds like we need some SDAR jackets we can all wear to events like this...or maybe even t-shirts.

I could whip up some designs if anyone's interested in something like this. I'll put it on my dime to make it happen, I think it could be very cool.

I'm going to try and make it - not sure if I want to "Pyro" and ride, or load up the dirtbikes in the truck and hit something close (Corral Canyon?) with my non-licensed son...

I've been pushing the kitchen passes pretty hard lately, so we'll see. Between this and lobby day two weeks later, my wife has been giving me crap about all this "lobbying stuff". Heck if she can throw money every year to the Save the Manatee Club, I ought to be able to work for OHV'ers rights!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Over 500 members and only a few riders supporting our right to ride?? :lol::lol:

I'll be there, will you?

I'm not leaving a bike on a college campus with my tools and spares... I'll sign in, and then go back out and play guard if we all want to park together... otherwise I'm driving da' truck...

I'm not leaving a bike on a college campus with my tools and spares... I'll sign in, and then go back out and play guard if we all want to park together... otherwise I'm driving da' truck...

I'll be going to the meeting and riding afterwards (currently planning Corral Canyon, but anywhere close and green sticker legal is fine with us) (See this other thread) with my son - we'll be trucking the bikes. If anyone wants to stash gear and stuff in my truck, you're more than welcome to...

I'll be going to the meeting and riding afterwards (currently planning Corral Canyon, but anywhere close and green sticker legal is fine with us) (See this other thread) with my son - we'll be trucking the bikes. If anyone wants to stash gear and stuff in my truck, you're more than welcome to...

Thanks. Might do that. Helmet and jacket I can lash to the bike, but tools, hydration, and what not I would prefer to not tempt sticky fingers on.

Thanks. Might do that. Helmet and jacket I can lash to the bike, but tools, hydration, and what not I would prefer to not tempt sticky fingers on.

Roger that!!! We'll try and be there 1/2 hour early or so - Look for the black Silverado diesel pickup with Louisiana plates and a KTM and Kawasaki in the back... We'll hang out and see if anyone else needs to lock some stuff up. I hear you when it comes to sticky fingers - have to at least make it somewhat difficult to grab stuff...

I cannot make it. Kids yada, yada, yada. Anyone going down fron North county? I would like to get Randy his $20 and me my shirts. Is there something going on Thurs 20?

i can be there too but i rather drive my truck with bikes then ride that much highway. maybe we should post in the informal ride area so others would come as a ride. this way we get more people to come. What time we meeting there 9 am?

btw i like the idea of jacket. i dont think we have enough time this time but something to keep in mind. i dont mind chipping in for a SDAR jacket.

well I'll be there for the meeting but cant do a ride after due to house hunting in the afternoon and of course wrist still isnt better. matter of fact saturday will be the first time that I've even been on my bike since december and I dont even know if it'll be good on riding street.

ed

maybe we should post in the informal ride area so others would come as a ride. this way we get more people to come.

I think KTMrad is going to handle this.

KTMrad Mar 14 2008, 01:41 PM Post #8

Hedley

Group: Members

Member No.: 2

How about we all go to the meeting on our bikes, then go riding somewhere after the meeting ?

I'll post details in the Informal Rides Section. To attend the ride, you must also go to the meeting !!

--------------------

Randy L. - President & Founder

San Diego Adventure Riders

AMA, CORVA, BRC, SDORC, NRA,

Stewards of the Seqouia

Ducati 900 Elefant

KTM 950

KTM 640

I cannot make it. Kids yada, yada, yada. Anyone going down fron North county? I would like to get Randy his $20 and me my shirts. Is there something going on Thurs 20?

Mike, I am planning on going. I am not 100% sure yet, the wife is still finagling plans for this weekend <_< . If I go I will try to snag your shirt. :lol: Ken

One more to attend with knobbies. Craig, I will relieve you on guard duty @ 0930.

Dave

We canceled our Glamis plans to stay home/do some work around Casa de Crawdaddy.......that being said, I'm laying the groundwork/groveling for a morning hall pass to attend the meeting (thereby further procrastinating on chores :huh::ph34r: ).....the leash is too short to ride with the gang afterwards (especially after riding all last Saturday) so if I come I'll probably ride down on the Super Chicken as opposed to the KTM......I'll just flog it down Wildcat Canyon/67 - attend the meeting - and head for home.....hope to see ya there....

We canceled our Glamis plans to stay home/do some work around Casa de Crawdaddy.......that being said, I'm laying the groundwork/groveling for a morning hall pass to attend the meeting (thereby further procrastinating on chores :D:ph34r: ).....the leash is too short to ride with the gang afterwards (especially after riding all last Saturday) so if I come I'll probably ride down on the Super Chicken as opposed to the KTM......I'll just flog it down Wildcat Canyon/67 - attend the meeting - and head for home.....hope to see ya there....

"In".......Hall Pass secured :huh: ........Kathy and I will be riding down together on the Super Chicken to attend the meeting/go to brunch (the price of the hall pass)......anybody else coming on their road bike? Tentative post meeting plan is to ride 94 to Honey Springs to Japatul/Lyons Valley Rds to 79/78/Julian and snag brunch/lunch in Julian around ~1pm before dropping back to Ramona....any/all are welcome to join us for the ride/meal.