I finally went on a ride with the club where I could "pyro" out to the meeting spot. It wasn't really pyroing though, because I only had to ride 24 miles to get there. I took the little green slug out with a freshly replaced left fork seal. It needed a test ride to make sure the front end wouldn't fall off or explode after I worked on it. :) . I rode most of the back roads from my house to Fallbrook and found most of the guys already there by the time I pulled up. The rest showed up shortly there after and we had ten riders ready to go at ten A.M. with Cardiffchris leading the way down to De Luz road.

100_0534.jpg

Not an orange Austrian bike amongst us for a change; in fact, it was heavily biased towards Kawolskis', mainly KLRs. We hit the road and found ourselves in the company of plenty of autos all taking in the sights, but we weren't in any hurry and just enjoyed the scenery as we made our way towards the fire roads.

100_0536.jpg

The hillsides were lush after the recent rains and all the creeks had water flowing in them. The air was perfectly balmy with a light sea breeze sweeping in.

100_0537.jpg

We stopped for a break about halfway through the dirt, then continued to Santa Margarita Peak. A few other groups of dualsport riders were out on the trail along with us. It seemed to be a popular venue. We stopped again just below the peak and the last section of trail. Most people wisely decided not to try to lump their machines up the last half mile stretch. But three or four decided to go all the way up.

100_0546.jpg

And of course, there was no stopping Pyro.

100_0545.jpg

There was a little bit of this going on if you wanted your bonus frequent faller points. The hill was happy to oblige.

100_0543.jpg

I made it about a third of the way up without incident, then studied the next stretch and felt a twinge of pain in my right knee. Scenery shmenery, I was going to turn around and head back down, which I did also without any problems. No sense in putting my tender ligaments and such at risk today.

There at the base of the hill, I waited with the others for the adventuresome to return from the peak. We will just have to see their pictures of the view from up top.

100_0544.jpg

After that, we all made our way leisurely down to the pavement and back to Fallbrook on a beautiful March Saturday afternoon.

Well done Cardiffchris. It was a pleasure to meet and ride with you....and all the guys who showed up for the ride. For those of you who were thinking of going, but didn't, you missed a nice ride. Maybe next time, we will see you out on the trail with us.

it was a GREAT ride !!!! 10 bikes , great weather, great trails !!!! thanks for putting it together chris, and it was nice to meet everyone i had never rode with!!!! ( that sand kinda suprised me , sand on a mountain :) but was fun !!! ) working on putting up the few pics i have!!!!!

and pyro owned that hill climb!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow how did I do that? :)

I won't try to ezplain :) I would have loved to be with you guys today I don't think it will ever stop snowing back here?

We had a great ride today! Thanks to CardiffChris for getting us all out for this class A ride. I have a ton of photos that I shot today, plus a surprise bonus adventure link at the end that I will post. So let's get to it====>

Meeting Spot

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-001.jpg

A sweet pavement run

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-002.jpg

Heading up the hill

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-004.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-005.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-006.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-008.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-010.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-011.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-013.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-017.jpg

Here was the bonus section at the top of the route. It was super rocky and pretty brutal. By the time I got there BostonMangler was already on his way down.

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-022.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-023.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-026.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-028.jpg

I managed to make it up with some extraneous effort and Mangler was right, it was worth it for the view!

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-029.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-030.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-031.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-032.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-033.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-034.jpg

This one proves my helmet was there :lol:

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-035.jpg

Here's from the top looking down at some of the stuff we had just ridden

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-036.jpg

On the way down I snapped a couple action photos!

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-041.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-044.jpg

The scenery was fantastic

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-045.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-047.jpg

There was a spot where several cars had been driven over the cliff

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-050.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-051.jpg

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-052.jpg

Awesome Day! Thanks again to Chris and to all the good SDAR people that came out.

Fallbrook-De-Luz-0308-049.jpg

Here is the Surprise Bonus Adventure Link==>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...98645&hl=en

:huh: ===#=== :blink: ===#=== :blink: ===#=== :blink: ===#=== :blink:

Ride on amigos! :blink:

Sweet shots. Liked the camera flip :lol: Thanks for sharing the summit view with those of us who decided not to go up there. :blink:

Here's another bonus link! Jay took this video on his cellphone of me hitting the first part of that hill climb. ====>>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3452516701616767914

In this photo from DirtDame you can see him standing there shooting the vid. :lol:

pyrohillclimb.jpg

(( yes I always apply both brakes when going uphill :blink: ))

Not much to say that hasn't been said. It was great to meet and ride with everyone!

Special thanks to Chris for putting this together and to Dirt Dame for showing the world

how I can drop my bike.

P3080053.jpg

P3080061.jpg

P3080055.jpg

P3080080.jpg

P3080077.jpg

P3080066.jpg

P3080074.jpg

P3080072.jpg

I left the group at Tenaja Rd. and headed up Main Divide then down the trash dump known as

El Cariso Truck Trai

P3080107.jpg

P3080109.jpg

My total miles for the day - 103

Looking forward to the next time,

Doug

I ran into this group while out on a shakedown cruise on my DRZ I just finished getting sorted out. Saw y'all at the Teneja/8S01 junction, thanks for the map tips. Rode out to MP5 then looked at my clock and figured out I needed to get headed home. There's always next time to get to the top.

I thought it was some sort of KLR owners group judging by the bikes!

Not much to say that hasn't been said. It was great to meet and ride with everyone!

Special thanks to Chris for putting this together and to Dirt Dame for showing the world

how I can drop my bike.

Oh pshaw, you were just the nicest crash shot I got. We know lots of people went whump that day, either going up or going down that little piece of real estate. Heck, I probably would have done a bikey dirt snack or two myself, if I had gone any further than I did. Although, some days I am lucky and go feet on the pegs and non-stop all the way up the obstacle. I wasn't feeling particularly lucky yesterday. Seems like the older I get the less lucky I feel :lol: .

did you see the waterfall?

post-633-1205092029_thumb.jpg

bike selection:

my suzuki dr250se

dirt dame's kawasaki klx 300

a suzuki drz 400

Wayne's atk 604

four kawasaki klr 650's

two big hondas xr-xrl's

wow i dint even notice that waterfall!!!!!! ow and we had four klr's out owwwwyea

jay

I thought at least half the bikes were Kawasaki's in that group, with two red KLRs and two green ones.

Nice to meet you all. I've been waiting for something closer my way. I only have a few pics and not much action...

post-940-1205120740_thumb.jpgpost-940-1205120806_thumb.jpgpost-940-1205120858_thumb.jpgpost-940-1205120890_thumb.jpg

I saw the waterfallpost-940-1205120946_thumb.jpgpost-940-1205120982_thumb.jpg

Too bad you can't see the water...sorry about the small pics.

Thanks again!

Wow , we sure had a bunch of prolific shutterbugs on that ride. :lol:

Thanks for sharing your great adventure last weekend. It's good to see bunch of good folks hanging together and having fun.

Ride safe to all...

Gery

Thanks for sharing your great adventure last weekend. It's good to see bunch of good folks hanging together and having fun.

It's even more fun to join in! Hope you will. <_<