Bagstr

Diablo Canyon Campout - April 1 - No Joke!

Weather Looks Good this Week - Self Sustained Dry Camp in the canyon, Same details as planed last week. 

Short ride to camp, then explore the local area of South Anza Borrego Desert State Park.  Plated Bikes!

If you are hauling in a truck, park at South Carrizo Creek about a 1/4 mile east of the pavement. ( At the Trees )

I will arrive about 12:00 to off-load.  I will have 5 gal of fuel in the bed of the White Honda Ridgeline for anyone riding their

bike down from town.

Bagstr

Diablo Camp 3-30-17.GPX                   Tracks and Waypoints

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ZUcwbLEBACMSUH-MgMEaaiGmEY&usp=sharing    

P10103731000w-L.jpg  

P10103811000w-L.jpg       

March 21st Bloom

P10103741000w-L.jpg      

2 hours ago, kkug said:

Lurking again !

Dang it.......wife's BDay weekend......camping with Da Boyz is not a "safe" option :rolleyes::o:lol:

I have to be at work at 0400 hours on Sunday so I'm out.

90 % in but probably need someone to show me the way. I would be riding out from EC.

I did manage to get the track into my GPs but nav skills R pretty limited.:rolleyes:

Where is the Track ? I did not see one .Only pins . 

See #1 Post -   Track curtesy PMB   

This lurker is planning on riding from Escondido Saturday afternoon. 

My buddy Van might come along too. 

Thank you for the commitment Mr. kkug.   Happy to meet your pal.  At the moment, I will be arriving about 1200hrs at the Tamarisk Trailhead.  Followed by a ride up to Diablo Camp .   That will have me pitching my tent about 1:30. Depending on who is around, I could be out exploring. I may leave a note, but I do not plan on being out late on the trail. 

:rolleyes:

I work Saturday. Long week. If I can get the bike ready I'll be out there Saturday night. 

Be looking for you in the dark. I'll be sure to post up when I leave. 

I'm planning on buying a KTM on Saturday, probably not making it. 

tntmo,  

We would all like to see you new moto Under the Stars.   15 Miles up, we will keep a watch    :ph34r:

It's a fixer, and haven't sealed the deal yet.  Have fun out there, I got in a nice ride last weekend. 

Bagstr

Got something Sunday I can't miss.  Any chance of riding just the Saturday portion?

To your survey - I vote for showing up at 0900 - that way I can get some riding in, but either way I'm in for Saturday only

Got to be heading home before dark

OK Bagstr - I'm in for good - Saturday noon and overnight camp 

thanks for hosting

7 hours ago, Bagstr said:

Thank you for the commitment Mr. kkug.   Happy to meet your pal.  At the moment, I will be arriving about 1200hrs at the Tamarisk Trailhead.  Followed by a ride up to Camp A+.  This is referencing the DiabloCampGPX ( Daves Waypoints ) vs Paul's Arroyo Seca Del DiabloGPX which include the Track.  The camp site is up near the end of the canyon, not the lower site on Paul's map. That will have me pitching my tent about 1:30. Depending on who is around, I could be out exploring. I may leave a note, but do not plan on being out late on the trail. 

:rolleyes:

Dave I am still confuzed where this is is--- it where it says camping spot on the track

Kug,   The first post is edited.  We now have the GPX Tracks and Waypoints with one link.  Also I included a Google link for general reference.

The camp is in Arroyo Seca del Diablo, above the Diablo Drop turn.  Just north of the Drop Exit is the junction of the Tabiado Cut Across and Diablo Wash.  Stay right in north direction. Camp is about 4 miles up near the end .  Beware, some maps show the Cut Across as Diablo Wash. That is an error. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Uncle Champ said:

Whipped already?

:angry2::wub:

I need to behave earlier if I want to break the whip out later.......:rolleyes::lol: