It's been 3.5 years since the last time. I've been itching to get up there and ride it again. I'd like to make a plan for April or early May. Not many intermediate riders could do this one. Advanced and above singletrack riders apply within.

Wow looks like awsome riding wonder if the storm took its toll on those trails or lots of downed trees. My fear of height would never let me do those ledges 

Man that looks awesome! Makes me miss the nasty riding I rode when I lived in the PNW. 

I hooe to be fully recovered to make this trip. Subscribed! 

3 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

Not many intermediate riders could do this one. Advanced and above singletrack riders apply within.

12 minutes ago, skeelo221 said:

Enough said

Looks like my next best ride. 

Last best ride was Suboba trail ride. 

I rode the hard route. 

How does it compare?

4 hours ago, skeelo221 said:

Man that looks awesome! Makes me miss the nasty riding I rode when I lived in the PNW. 

If you rode PNW nasty you should be good for this one. What are you recovering from and what's your time frame?

9 hours ago, Ken S said:

Looks like my next best ride. 

Last best ride was Suboba trail ride. 

I rode the hard route. 

How does it compare?

Was a blast. We all wanted to ride again the next weekend. It is comparable to the Soboba hard loop but another 15-20 miles longer. 

The Rincon is a great, tough trail....but there is so much more awesome singletrack to ride up there also.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, PastaPilot said:

If you rode PNW nasty you should be good for this one. What are you recovering from and what's your time frame?

I broke my collarbone back in Dec (road racing incident out at Chuckwalla).  I'm guessing I am about a month away from riding again 

Looking at April 28-30 for a 3 day weekend. 

Anyone able to ride those days?

2 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

Looking at the 15-16 weekend but work may not allow my freedom the entire weekend. 28-30 for a 3 day weekend might be more manageable. 

Anyone able to ride those days?

April or May? In. 

On 4/2/2017 at 8:43 PM, mtnmanseth said:

April or May? In. 

Those are April dates. I don't know my May schedule yet.

John

I would like to go to Kern and camp with you guys .But I will go off and ride some easier trails. Let me know when.

Don

On April 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM, PastaPilot said:

Floating this idea again. The 28-30 dates are looking really good.

Instead of being at home this weekend and getting my domestic responsibilities completed I'm stuck in Gulfport, MS. Looking at May now but don't know when. 

5 hours ago, don johnson said:

John

I would like to go to Kern and camp with you guys .But I will go off and ride some easier trails. Let me know when.

Don

Hi Don! Good to hear from you again. I'll get in touch the next time I'm thinking about a road trip. I heard that the Greenhorns North of 155 will be closed until next year. That last fire up there really scorched Portuguese Pass. We may have to do Piute trips this summer. 

I caught a Facebook conversation and it sounds like a crew with chainsaws is heading up Rincon this weekend. That means next weekend might be time to attack. :ph34r:

I haven't been on, or started, my bike since March. It's too hot in the lowlands now. I'll follow up again later this summer for a ride in Sept or Oct.