Bagstr

Arroyo Seca del Diablo - Campout March 25

The First Post has been updated:  Fuel available - Map updates

Thanks for the updates and the possibility of fuel...that was my biggest concern if I was dual sporting out there, so I may ask to buy some fuel from you.  Otherwise, I have my MRE's selected, the flask is filled and I might even look over the bike once before I head out.

On 3/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, Bagstr said:

Edit Thursday :   Regarding Fuel -  You Dualsporters riding down from the City. At the trailhead you will find a White Honda Ridgeline with a Joe Hauler rail out back. I will have  5 gal of fuel in the bed for your use. Hopefully at least one more will bring another jug. 

If people need fuel, I can bring another jug- just post up here. The truck spot is about 15 miles from the Chevron station on the south side of 8 in Ocotillo.

For those of you on short timelines, I'll be leaving camp and heading back fairly early- I'm on a short leash Sunday- so I can guide those that might need it.

Reminder- bikes must stay parked within 10' of the main trail- don't piss off Bagster :  )

I'm riding out from Escondido so I might need a gallon but I would not be heading down to the 8. I think I should be OK as long as the station up by Palomar is open.

I don't plan on leaving Esco until 2 and will probably take Pinyon so I'll probably be in camp around 5ish.

CiD

You Folks "On the Fence"; Load your trucks, fill up your tank and hit the road.  We are expecting you to show!  We will make it work out.

Bags

Off the fence. I'm in.  

Riding in from Descanso, I have a 120 mi. range and will be pushing it to make camp, then get to a gas station in Ocotillo or Borrego.  If their will be gas at the trucks, that will be comforting.  Happy to compensate the donor of gas handsomely.

planning to arrive late afternoon

:P

Well,,, The winds are increasing overnight to 20-30mph with gusts up to 45.   I am on the verge of Rescheduling to the following

Saturday April 1st.     Any Comments?  

On 3/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, Bagstr said:

Friday Possible Re-schedule Alert --   The Wind Forecast is escalating to 25-30 mph with Gust up to 45 overnight. I am on the Verge of Rescheduling to the following Saturday April 1st.  Comments appreciated. Just go and hope for the best Or live to fight another night?

I'm always happy to not be camping in high wind. Your call.

Bummer. It's probably the right call based on the forecast I just saw.  

Diablo Campout Saturday March 25 - Cancelled - Will look at the forecast Tuesday with eye to

Saturday April 1.

With winds expected to be 30-45mph overnight I will go with my head and not my heart.  We will talk next week.    

Bagstr - not going to happen this time - too many Sat night plans to break - next time

I'm skunked again. Probably won't make another ride until my kids go to college. I'm totally booked with dance competitions, swim meets, baseball games, and scouting events. Have fun

I'm going out tomorrow anyway.  Going to head up to Black Canyon Road, Mesa Grande and on toward Warner Springs and Lost Valley Road.  Probably camp north of there somewhere.  Then may explore Thomas Mountain or Idylwild and then back home the next day.  If it's too windy,  going to stake down the tent and drink more.

I think we were snookered by the National Weather Service.  Current conditions are no where near the forecast in Anza Borrego.  Winds currently at 3 mph, gusts 4 mph.  

Dag Nab,  I cancelled my lake martinez-picacho loop last week due to possible 3 digit temps, and cancelled this week's martinez-picacho loop, to be followed by a borrego camp out, due to 2 digit wind speed....  Grrrrr, I should be worried that I might be on the doorsteps of becoming a fair weather rider!!!!  Good job Tntmo, I will loop to somewhere in the morning from Packards no matter what conditions with an eye open for you cruising by.