wildwood

Recommendation for motorcycle accident attorney

If someone could recommend a good motorcycle accident attorney, I'd be most grateful.  I'm getting a really raw deal from CHP and US Forestry regarding a head-on collision with forestry truck back in July 2016. The forestry worker driving the truck lied on his accident report, saying he was only going 10-15 mph, stopped his vehicle and I slid into him. He was doing at least 25-30 mph by my best guess, with a anti-lock brake tire marks extending over 20' long. My pictures show his skid marks pass through my skid marks by about 5', so there was no way he was stopped. I only got a phone interview with the responding officer, but he gave them the benefit of the doubt and left me at 100% at fault. I've since filed a supplemental report offering my pictures up as proof.  

The US Forestry has now sent me a bill for over $3,900 to make repairs to the the truck.  They have exaggerated comments of the accident report saying that they're vehicle overturned.  It's really ridiculous.  My insurance agent is proving to be of little help so far.  I gave him all the information more than 2 weeks ago, and I don't think he's even reviewed the case.

I think I need to talk to an attorney for my own peace of mind at this point.  

Thanks 

red-Dscn0836.jpg

red-Dscn0837.jpg

red-Dscn0838.jpg

red-Dscn0840.jpg

I recommend John Rosen http://crash-law.com/

He is a fellow rider and has been to the dash and a few other SDAR related camping events.

Good luck with your case.

In addition to being a motor officer, I'm also a traffic collision investigator. Let me know if you'd like my opinion or if you'd like me to review the collision report.

27 minutes ago, Oracle said:

In addition to being a motor officer, I'm also a traffic collision investigator. Let me know if you'd like my opinion or if you'd like me to review the collision report.

Pretty cool!

2 minutes ago, paulmbowers said:

Is that your skidmark on the far left side of the road?

Good question.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:37 PM, paulmbowers said:

Is that your skidmark on the far left side of the road?

Yeah, that about sums it up.  

My insurance finally got on the ball and worked out a settlement. The fact that I was to the left of the single lane road when I started skidding and failing to maintain control put me at fault.  Oh well, a lesson for all.  But, $3,500 to replace a bumper. Seriously? I got Smittybilt custom front and rear bumpers for my Jeep for under $400.  They must have got me for dealer rates & towing or something, day-UMMM. 

Thanks for the referral I did call John Rosen and got some helpful advice from one of his people.

Thanks for the input LB, you rock..

Yeah, sorry.

Roger did that much damage to a Jeep with his head- seriously.

1 hour ago, wildwood said:

Yeah, that about sums it up.  

My insurance finally got on the ball and worked out a settlement. The fact that I was to the left of the single lane road when I started skidding and failing to maintain control put me at fault.  Oh well, a lesson for all.  But, $3,500 to replace a bumper. Seriously? I got Smittybilt custom front and rear bumpers for my Jeep for under $400.  They must have got me for dealer rates & towing or something, day-UMMM. 

Thanks for the referral I did call John Rosen and got some helpful advice from one of his people.

Thanks for the input LB, you rock..

No problem.

1 hour ago, Wierdrider said:

I'm sure the truck was also on the left side of his lane, isn't it a one lane road?

Yes, just one lane. That's kind of the rub with me. He was as close to his left side of the road as I was to mine, more so even.  It boils down to if your only 51% at fault, it might as well be 100%. It's on you.  In this of a case, it's going to be hard not to go down, and that's deemed as loss of control of your vehicle. Another big disadvantage for bikes.