Sign in to follow this  
Danmule

What's your yard look like rite now?

It's been at least 5 years or so since I've seen this run. Rite off my back patio.

20170123_101507.jpg

BJ1pPSjl.jpg

Started out with a 1/4 hp submersible pump. Then added a 1/3 hp submersible pump. Then Tractor Supply was out of submersible pumps, so we added a 208cc semi-trash pump that'll move 18,840gph and trenched to the pickup. The yard's pretty trashed at this point, but it's kept the water away from the foundation. 

I had to trench and connect my drainage pipes from backyard to front downspouts. 

20170121_120705.jpg

The storm really ripped me a new one.  I will probably have the laborious task of moving many tons of rocks from far away to get a base in the trench so it doesn't go deeper.

31619866684_d80069944b_b.jpg

In addition  to my nice creek,  I have 5 downed trees in my yard. Firewood for next year I guess.

Actually my yard looks pretty good this year.  But a few years ago after SDG&E did some grading nearby, it looked like a lake!

100_2919.jpg

100_2920.jpg

100_2923.jpg

100_2929.jpg

100_2927.jpg

I've pumped my pool 3 times in the last 2 weeks!  Hate to see all that water go to waste!

That pool pic is not good!  I have a pump I can loan him if needed.  Depending how much mud is actually in there he may be able to sink it to the bottom and vacuum without losing all the water.  PM me if you have any questions (I'm a pool guy). 

11 hours ago, simicrintz said:

That pool pic is not good!  I have a pump I can loan him if needed.  Depending how much mud is actually in there he may be able to sink it to the bottom and vacuum without losing all the water.  PM me if you have any questions (I'm a pool guy). 

He rents the house and the owner pays for the pool service, so he's leaving it all to them haha. Thanks for the offer though!

All good.  When this happens everybody (HD, Lowes, HF, etc.) sells out on pumps and it can be a pain to try and get a pool pumped.  Not good on the plaster either! 

Glad he has it covered!

2 hours ago, 350thumper said:

The sky was fallingimage.jpeg

damn...... loving the temporary solution to the broken off plate by the way haha