Haha nice looks like anza ocotillo area, was theres last 2 years in rain ice skating around. 

Love it! Over an inch of rain in Ocotillo Wells and AB. Wish I was there.

i-JThRzdP-L.jpg

Hey Buddy,, Get you fingers outa the way!

i-z4cQsGC-L.jpg   

i-bft8FJM-L.jpg

i-S7wfZPN-L.jpg

Well,,,As you can see, an atypical day in the Desert!  About an inch of rain in the ground as we arrived Thursday 0800.  Numerous people telling us, " Hey it's pretty wet out there. You may want to change your plans."  No, we have a schedule and This is the Day we are riding.  The sand was fabulous, with maximum traction and zero push on the front wheel. Now I understand how those guys look so good riding the wet/groomed tracks. We were all heroes. ( except for one mistake )  The wet washes were a challenge, being a segregated mixture of granite or clay.  The materials were not mixed but separate zones of influence.  Therefore traveling the wash was a search for traction when the turn presented a wall to wall brown zone. Grey zones are your friend, brown not so much.  As I mentioned to CID, would we rather be in front of our computer looking at weather reports, Or working through the difficulties?

Good news with Inspiration Wash as the low section that had been closed out by blowing sand has now been opened by the water flow. Once it is dried, we will have a smooth path. Bad news for a day or two is that there are treacherous zones of black mud ( as in sink to your axles ) and greasy clay. So be careful out there until it dries. 

Thanks gents for Following Through,  The Governor

P.S.i-Bc72Cxq-L.jpg

i-ZnVH9Xf-L.jpg

i-PnznQV5-L.jpg

Nice, looks like a lot of fun! I hope it rained hard on your drive home too so your bikes arrived back home naturally cleaned :) 

1 minute ago, MacDuncan said:

Nice, looks like a lot of fun! I hope it rained hard on your drive home too so your bikes arrived back home naturally cleaned :) 

I spent almost 45 minutes with the pressure washer when I got home. That mud was like glue. Not sure how long it would have taken if I let it dry.

CiM

https://ziptyracing.com/search?type=product&q=skf

FYI post  concerning mud/wet dirt riding, these have been on my TE300 for over a year now. not too much mud riding....but figured why not. I did find that if installed as directed they do come off and slide down the leg. I install them with some 1211 threebond rtv and they stay in place. they are simply pre scrapers and have opening for drainage around them. They come open  with  cotter pins  to close the seal

Edited by robertaccio

When I saw the photo I thought we would be talking about fork seals next.

Just so all of us know that dirt does get up into those WP pre seals (this is not an oil seals note), these are the ones that came off a friends FE350 during a ZipTy Racing fork service, ridden and raced locally (we don't get much mud here).

Remember besides using a scraper tool these can be popped down and cleaned on the leg then pushed back up and pressed back in, they are compliant and robust .  This is from his yearly service.

Also did you guys notice the buckle on fork guards???? Who the heck makes those???? (I'll call Jeff and ask or look on his site)

pre seals.jpg

The aftermarket acerbis fork guards clip up for easy removal.  You can also order older fork guards that are only the front half.  If you get ones for a 2007 bike they dont have the full wrap around.

George has something better than all those seal savers coming soon. I've been  product testing in in the dunes and a couple desert races plus some mud riding 

Complete dust and mud and sand coverage from top to bottom of forks. 

Has worked very well so far. 

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

Brian,look lower on mine. I had that setup and still blew fork seals.

3 hours ago, Ken S said:

Brian,look lower on mine. I had that setup and still blew fork seals.

Yup i saw, me and george talked about it awhile ago. Was just showing off pic

stockings without garter belts.

or can say kinky heat shrink with attached stockings. S101 showed me the set up , it looks a little strange but legit for sure.

Special seals, wipers, etc. None of that is needed.

Just need one of these:

Raincoat.jpg