BriKman

Tecate to Meling to Beach to Tecate

Put in just under 500 miles in 2 days last weekend. Conditions were fantastic, hero dirt galore! Ran into jawhitmoyer at Sawmill. Had a buddy in a Jeep and the old man chasing in a Razor which made for light packs. Meling was fantastic as always. 5 year in a row we have done this ride the weekend before Xmas and every year it has rained within a few days before leaving us with great conditions, our own little Christmas Miracle! Here is a quick highlights video: 

Hey Brian, it was funny running into you. Tell your friend I bought a Mavic Pro for $500 over retail on Craigslist. After seeing his video, I am glad I did!!!

Nice video looks like awesome ride, how did it work pace wise with a jeep in the group on dirt. Im just imagining alot of waiting around, i know a rzr can keep up if pushed

Worked well with the Jeep as we planned meet up points rather than having him chase all dirt routes. Razor keeps up fine, just set meet up points with him as well so the bikes can hit single track along the way. Everyone in the group has been riding Baja for many years so we are able to split up and re-group easily.

24 minutes ago, jawhitmoyer said:

Hey Brian, it was funny running into you. Tell your friend I bought a Mavic Pro for $500 over retail on Craigslist. After seeing his video, I am glad I did!!!

It was great having the drone along, thankfully I had pre-ordered it months ago so got it just in time for this ride. It is small enough to put in backpack on while riding, although it was nice having the jeep and razor along to carry it. I recommend getting a pelican or similar case for it, I use a Pelican 1450 and fits great. 

oPYpYzZ.jpg

I am working on way to carry mine on the bike. That Pelican is sweet, but way too big for my backpack. I am trying to find something tiny and sturdy.

Nice video!  Have you seen the drones that can follow vehicles / bikes?  All of this is next level.

May I ask if you took dirt from Meling to the coast?  Looks like you did and I'm way interested in any details / info on the route.  I have one on gps but have yet to take it.  I stayed at Rancho Meling with the Baja Rally a couple months back.

How did the KX do on the trip?  (unless it's a KLX450 but those are hard to find)

On 12/24/2016 at 3:29 PM, Goofy Footer said:

Nice video!  Have you seen the drones that can follow vehicles / bikes?  All of this is next level.

May I ask if you took dirt from Meling to the coast?  Looks like you did and I'm way interested in any details / info on the route.  I have one on gps but have yet to take it.  I stayed at Rancho Meling with the Baja Rally a couple months back.

How did the KX do on the trip?  (unless it's a KLX450 but those are hard to find)

Yes dirt from Meling to Colonet. Just ride north out of Meling to El Coyote. Go left at the T just after el coyote, takes you through the ranch (go slow) then will see a sign that says Colonet, great ride west across the hills then drops you into large wash that takes you all the way to highway, a few gates to open/close along the way. Route is fairly rough but a lot of fun, no problem on the moto bikes, probably a handful but doable on the big dogs. Pemex station is south of wash/highway intersection a couple of miles or there is a newer one north of Colonet maybe 10 miles, then pickup old racecourse along the coast to Ererindira

KX is my bike and does great in Baja it's got a lot of Mexico miles on it, just have to be careful with the gas out of jugs down there, fuel injection jams up easy.