Sign in to follow this  
Tsilatipac

Baja Holiday Ride

A couple of us are heading down to Baja 12/26 - 12/30.  Others are welcome to join us.  This will be a big bike ride; I'm on an old GS1150 and other guy is on Vstrom.  Pace will be moderate to easy and we expect to be about 70% paved roads 30% dirt but, since we don't know where we're going you'll need to be prepared for anything.  Expect to camp 1 or 2 nights otherwise we'll be in hotels.  Route is not determined yet and we're intentionally keeping it loose.  Basic concept:

12/26 Cross boarder at Tecate early in the morning riding south on Mex 3 to Encenada continuing further South on Mex 1.

Sleep somewhere, ride, etc.

Thinking about heading up east coast to San Filipe and crossing back in Mexicali or Mex 3 to Tecate.

See this is really loose right now.  Trying to figure out what to see and do.  I don't plan on this trip being all riding, it's about sight seeing Baja.  Home by evening 12/30.

Ill be in San Felipe 12/27 thru 12/31 riding and camping. Family trip so we are trucking the bikes down in a toy hauler. Maybe Ill see ya @ Rancho Percebu for a bowl drink!

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:35 PM, Tsilatipac said:

A couple of us are heading down to Baja 12/26 - 12/30.  Others are welcome to join us.  This will be a big bike ride; I'm on an old GS1150 and other guy is on Vstrom.  Pace will be moderate to easy and we expect to be about 70% paved roads 30% dirt but, since we don't know where we're going you'll need to be prepared for anything.  Expect to camp 1 or 2 nights otherwise we'll be in hotels.  Route is not determined yet and we're intentionally keeping it loose.  Basic concept:

12/26 Cross boarder at Tecate early in the morning riding south on Mex 3 to Encenada continuing further South on Mex 1.

Sleep somewhere, ride, etc.

Thinking about heading up east coast to San Filipe and crossing back in Mexicali or Mex 3 to Tecate.

See this is really loose right now.  Trying to figure out what to see and do.  I don't plan on this trip being all riding, it's about sight seeing Baja.  Home by evening 12/30.

Lisa and I will be at Horsepower Ranch the evening of the 27th.....heading down in the RZR with some friends.......just a quick overnight trip.....maybe we'll see ya there

8BC36A3E-546C-42DE-A3C2-2F8E245E15D9_zps

Myself and three others will be at Cal's on the 27th then on to Mike's and spending the last night drinking at HP Ranch - maybe we'll see you guys out there somewhere!

On 12/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, Afry said:

Myself and three others will be at Cal's on the 27th then on to Mike's and spending the last night drinking at HP Ranch - maybe we'll see you guys out there somewhere!

Arnie is this still your plan?