Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Ducati SuperSport Unveiled

Ducati's SuperSport was taken out of the line-up after diminishing sales and well, they got just plain ugly after a while.  

The SS is back!  And she is purrrrrty....Better ergonomics over the Pani which will make it a much better day-to-day canyon carver.  The exhaust is not routed under the seat like the Pani, so no more cooking your ballz either.

http://supersport.ducati.com/en/

image.jpg

Not quite for me. It is a 937 cc bike.  Plenty of power, but kind of tough to go backwards from the Pani 1299.  I would have liked to seen the Multi 1200 DVT motor in it.  That is a hoot and super smooth.

17 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

Not quite for me. It is a 937 cc bike.  Plenty of power, but kind of tough to go backwards from the Pani 1299.  I would have liked to seen the Multi 1200 DVT motor in it.  That is a hoot and super smooth.

Knowing what the r6 is like, I cant imagine the power of 937, let alone 1300. One day I will though. 

You get used to it. The extra cc's get you from Point A to Point B much faster, but then you need big brakes and banging down through the gears to get you back down to cornering speed.  

Still, on an amateur level, there are guys who are way faster on the track with 600's just because of their skill level, the bike is lighter, and making use of everything the bike has to give at the right moments.    The R6 is a great bike for the track. 

I love my 1098.  Raw power no electronics to keep you in control. It's all you.