Bp619

A dislocated morning ride at corral canyon

Meet up with christoph at cross roads, rode up kernan than to bobcat made quick work of 8 and 9 passing couple jeeps. Next was broncos peak up and down then 1 to ranger everything was going smooth heat getting to us a little then this happened front end dive i went over the bars and slid on my arms and stomach

20160918_092102_001.jpg

I had dislocated my right shoulder about 1/4 from end of ranger took us little while to figure out what to do definitely couldnt ride it out let alone move arm, luckily we had service and went on youtube saw couple violent videos from drs pulling and tugging then decided to try the drunk skin heads video technique of holding body still and rotating arm up after about the 5th time christoph calling me a baby it finally popped. Damn the sound christophs face looked like he had won the lottery and got the best xmas present as a kid and kept on repeating damn it sounded like a chicken bone snapping. 

Me after popping into place being a baby

IMG_3224.jpg

Then got going finished ranger and took main loop and road back to truck all in all not a bad day.

A tip from a seasoned rider that's been married for 20 years and has three kids:

Now that you are a dad, Momma's not going put up with this ---- much longer. Better stop crashing, B.

I am glad we were able to get this taken care right there. Would have been a long walk out!

Stop being a baby ?

i have heard about and been involved with others popping shoulder out. Lots of pain for sure. Glad it worked out.

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

A tip from a seasoned rider that's been married for 20 years and has three kids:

Now that you are a dad, Momma's not going put up with this ---- much longer. Better stop crashing, B.

Haha thanks lb working on not crashing getting harder to hide bruising and symptoms from her, taking 2 day class at motoventures next month hopefully helps me from crashing and let's me do the hard stuff smoother 

With dislocated shoulders, I've had 3,  its best to just relax,  no tugging or pulling.  On the first one I tried all that with no success.  But once I calmed down and relaxed it just slid back into socket.  And on the others just focused on that and it worked too.

Dislocated my shoulder in high school football. Doesn't feel good. Check in with your doc. 

Wow, what a friend.  Good thing you had youtube videos to help!!!  

Dang, Bri, I'm glad you ended up OK and were able to ride out. That's pretty badass.

I'm also surprised and amused that you went to YouTube for "how-to" videos while trail-side! I wouldn't have thought of that. 

Note to self: Find and bookmark "drunk skinheads dislocated shoulder technique" video for future reference.

I'm constantly amazed at the cool stuff I learn from you fellers. ?

I tried that once as well with my shoulder kept pulling and banging until i threwup a couple times from pain. Turns out shoulder was fine but colar bone was broken and i was pocking my lung in the banging process. Not sure there is any moral to this story?! I bookmark the link maybe next time i ll be more lucky

14 hours ago, kato said:

I tried that once as well with my shoulder kept pulling and banging until i threwup a couple times from pain. Turns out shoulder was fine but colar bone was broken and i was pocking my lung in the banging process. Not sure there is any moral to this story?! I bookmark the link maybe next time i ll be more lucky

gnarly. very gnarly. having recently broke my collar bone, this is a disturbing thought. 

Dang Brian, glad your not hurt bad. Not a technique I'd wan't to have to perfect, but thank god for Youtube.  Anything you need to know how to do is out there I guess.

Must have been an interesting conversation figuring out what to do. :wacko:  Life flight? no...  SDAR rescue? no... How 'bout YouTube? Heck Yeah!!

Wait... Let's focus on what's important here.... You got a new bike?  Why is this the first I'm hearing of it?

Just an note of fair warning..... as an ex-ski patroller having witnessed and participated in this several times ..... it's VERY wise to go into emergency as quickly as possible after an event like this.  There are small nerves near the socket that can get pinched when it goes back in and can cause permanent damage.  Then you might not ever get to ride motorcycle again.  Sucky.  That's why we have insurance, right? But for BP619 - by now you would probably know if something was wrong in there.

Glad you guys were able to figure it out.  I've seen more than a few grown men cry during this. (shudder).

Shoulder should be good to go in a while, still hurts raising it above my head or behind my back but good when riding standing up,little pain when riding siting down and arms straight out.

Orthopedic surgeon took xrays and examined me and said ill be 100% in couple weeks unless pops out again within then i need surgery.

Lets go riding

16 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Shoulder should be good to go in a while, still hurts raising it above my head or behind my back but good when riding standing up,little pain when riding siting down and arms straight out.

Orthopedic surgeon took xrays and examined me and said ill be 100% in couple weeks unless pops out again within then i need surgery.

Lets go riding

Good to see you submitted to perfession'l opinion and got the green light.  Life's too short to fug-it-up unnecessarily.  Now let's RIDE.