Good read impressive about his buddy only riding handful of times.

Yep DNF....

Second kid born last year combined with a 3 just turned 4 year old equals me on the bike around once month the last year.  This also equals my fitness for being on the bike sucking.   The event was great.  First loop was fun.  Second loop was some really fun terrain but it was during the later half of this loop that despite the fluids and energy gels my grip was lagging, my legs were cramping, the bike started riding me instead of the other way around and I started not having fun.  I finished Loop 2 with time to ride out on loop 3 on time, albeit with no rest, but I called it quits and had a beer instead!

I'll be back next year, and some how figure out how to sell my wife that I need more riding to time to prepare for the enduro!!!

34 minutes ago, blakeNY9 said:

Yep DNF....

I'll be back next year, and some how figure out how to sell my wife that I need more riding to time to prepare for the enduro!!!

I'm the same way with the amount of riding time.  And that's the trouble,  I think I'd have to "sell the wife" if I want to get in more riding ?

5 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Training for next year began at Lake Morena yesterday 

2016-12-18_08.53.47.jpg

Got to get you out for more training

28 minutes ago, Uncle Champ said:

Is there a "blue book" on used wives? It seems that would be illegal.

:)

Think the husband would have to pay for someone to take them

Blake you already know the formula. seat time and even just a little x training to open the lungs....I did minimal x training (gym/yoga/bicycling) this season but I have had weekly seat time sessions. Also riding the same stuff and riding it at the hard pace and aiming for the hardest lines when out goofing off, for practice go even faster than you would in an endurance race (enduro). Also get used to your machine, for me that takes at least about 12 months of weekly riding when I have a new bike. You have all the tools to get er done, see you at the finish for the next one. Also if not done already, do some personal customization/engineering on the machine to make it easier to ride and finish ie: suspension tweaks (the most important) then all the little get er to the finish items ie: ARC Memlon levers (virtually unbreakable).

Paul,

You are already there !!! let's goo!!! riiide

great techniques Robert!

i found the rut is the most challenging on trail and its usiually wide enough to ride in . i ride ruts for miles . and as fast as i can its rough and sketchy but for me fun. 

Congrats on the awesome finish Robert! TBPH I'm jealous! 

I was really trying to finish in trophy contention myself but that high speed wad on L2 really crushed my chances for that :(