Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Giant Loop Camping System

$300 for a tarp, ground mat, and a mosquito net damn I'm in the wrong industry

58 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

$300 for a tarp, ground mat, and a mosquito net damn I'm in the wrong industry

But it comes with poles and stakes too

WalMart for you guys,,,     I wonder if they sell motos there?

Definitely not Walmart stuff my moto camping gear probably totals $750 but it's not a big net

Yes,  That is the fun of all this;  finding our own solutions to this Camping Puzzle.  

Personally, I prefer my one/half Hubba tent which keeps all my open sacks zipped inside.  I am enthralled with the idea of building a Tyvek ground cloth with grommets to double as a quick shelter.  Anyone in the House Wrap business that I can buy a 9ft square?

Bags - Always looking to shrink the camp kit

Yes. My tent came from Walmart. It was $35. It rolls into a 10"x6" sack and when I don't sleep in my van I put my full size air mattress in it. Keeps the bugs and rain out. It is more than what I would need for bike camping but a smaller tent is available from Walmart or Target. My tent has been used about 2 dozen times over the past 2 years and still works like new. 

That is utterly ridiculous.  You can buy a really, really nice tent for that price and piece together a similar set-up for a fraction of the cost. 

All I can say is...you get what you pay for....not sure of their quality, BUT...when it comes to more quality, you will pay some more.

"Another Option"  Not a commandment. 

This is Not an Oil Thread.    Sorry about the "Walmart" comment..    Nice stuff, cheap stuff, do what yu want.

Always a balancing act, to thread the bargains and the quality kit into the package that works for you.  

:friends:

Bagstr,

It most likely packs well for small bikes and is made of quality material, plus the ease of setup has been thought out by just watching the video.   This is made for guys on skinny bikes.  I know who would dig this and that is sickVick, but I know he would not give that kind of money for it, he would just make his own. 

10 hours ago, danrider said:

Bagstr,

It most likely packs well for small bikes and is made of quality material, plus the ease of setup has been thought out by just watching the video.   This is made for guys on skinny bikes.  I know who would dig this and that is sickVick, but I know he would not give that kind of money for it, he would just make his own. 

...sickVick would most likely just go 'Commando'...:crying_anim02: ;)

I have to agree with pasta pilot .

Nice link Corey

gotta love this website 

Quality stuff is pricey but pricey stuff is not necessarily quality. Whatever works for you is the right stuff

That Giant Loop camping system is a nice setup....but it has one flaw....bears.... While you are sleeping the bears will come right in there and eat you.

Easy: For a mere extra $99 you get the bear spray bottle option that has a gL logo on it and fits in the gl bag along with gl cook ware. Easy.

3 hours ago, kato said:

Quality stuff is pricey but pricey stuff is not necessarily quality. Whatever works for you is the right stuff

this is true