mkccmc

GPS Route Sharing

Was wondering if anyone was will to share some Baja GPS routes. Just picked up a Garmin Montana 610t. Wanted to start doing some Northern Baja rides. Just some basic routes. To places like Mikes Via the Compadre trail. Also maybe some out to the pacific. Any help would great. Also any suggestions for good Baja maps to download to the GPS? Thanks.

If no one shares gpsxchange.com has some decent stuff 

I bet there will be several members who will share routes with you. Stand by.

12 hours ago, mkccmc said:

Was wondering if anyone was will to share some Baja GPS routes. Just picked up a Garmin Montana 610t. Wanted to start doing some Northern Baja rides. Just some basic routes. To places like Mikes Via the Compadre trail. Also maybe some out to the pacific. Any help would great. Also any suggestions for good Baja maps to download to the GPS? Thanks.

I'd be happy to share some with you...

What kind of stuff do you like?
Hard and technical? Single track? Jeep trail two track? Graded roads?

What's your ability?  Pro/Expert, Amateur, Novice, Beginner?

I of course have Tecate to Mikes, and both vie Compadre and other fun routes. As well, a great run from Santo Tomas to San Quintin.

For maps...
Baja Navigator and/or Expeditioner.
City Navigator 2017

(Non Downloadable)
Baja Almanac (paper reference)
Google Earth

Message me your email, and I'll send'em your way.

Hey Johnny Airtime,

Thanks for the reply. Was looking for any routes that you might have to Mike Via compadre trail. Also any routes you have going out to the Pacific down to San Quintin. Most of the the group I ride with is Expert - Amateur. Also will be leading some novice. As far as the maps you listed where do you get them and will they work on gps. I have the Baja Almanac that use for surf trips in Baja. As far as what kind of routes you have well I guess what ever you have. I like it  all. As long as they are labeled to know which are easy versus hard. So if I have some novice on the ride. Thanks. I can be reached at mattkcox@yahoo.com

15 hours ago, mkccmc said:

Hey Johnny Airtime,

Thanks for the reply. Was looking for any routes that you might have to Mike Via compadre trail. Also any routes you have going out to the Pacific down to San Quintin. Most of the the group I ride with is Expert - Amateur. Also will be leading some novice. As far as the maps you listed where do you get them and will they work on gps. I have the Baja Almanac that use for surf trips in Baja. As far as what kind of routes you have well I guess what ever you have. I like it  all. As long as they are labeled to know which are easy versus hard. So if I have some novice on the ride. Thanks. I can be reached at mattkcox@yahoo.com

You asked for some Baja routes, for a garmin GPS... I can provide tracks, uploadable to most Garmins.

However, I don't have them labeled as "easy" or "hard". Nor do I label single track vs graded road.
... I was to base what I sent you, on the ability of the entire group. Your only as good as your weakest rider (in my opinion).  So with that... of course the typical assumed waiver comes into play; That I'm not responsible for anyone hurt while following my tracks.  :rolleyes:

The maps... well, those aren't necessarily free, so I can't discuss "where I get them" other then to purchase them directly from Garmin, or LB Maps (Larry).

When I get some time, I'll send a few to your email.  Be patient... Life and work has been keeping me pretty busy.

I'm looking for a reasonable and interesting dirt route to Valle De Guadalupe. As a rider, I don't suck too badly, and can take a 990 or a 500.

Got anything?

Thanks in advance.

Matt mkccmc ...

Here ya go... (see attached file down by my signature)

Lots of tracks, some (in red) no longer passable (due to gates/fencing).
(They'll have work-a-rounds in another color - green or magenta)

But it should get you started, and building a route to and from your destinations.

File is uploaded as .GPX which can be loaded in many applications, not JUST Garmin's Basecamp or Mapsource

J-

For SDAR riders.gpx

6 hours ago, JohnnyAirtime said:

You asked for some Baja routes, for a garmin GPS... I can provide tracks, uploadable to most Garmins.

However, I don't have them labeled as "easy" or "hard". Nor do I label single track vs graded road.
... I was to base what I sent you, on the ability of the entire group. Your only as good as your weakest rider (in my opinion).  So with that... of course the typical assumed waiver comes into play; That I'm not responsible for anyone hurt while following my tracks.  :rolleyes:

The maps... well, those aren't necessarily free, so I can't discuss "where I get them" other then to purchase them directly from Garmin, or LB Maps (Larry).

When I get some time, I'll send a few to your email.  Be patient... Life and work has been keeping me pretty busy.

Thank you Sir for the help. I will let you know how it goes. I remember you from D-38 racing. Now just gotta figure out how to use the thing.