mkccmc

GPS Mounts

Hey just picked up Garmin Montana 610T. Going to start using it for Baja rides. Wanted to know whats a good mount to use for it. I ride a 2015 KTM 300xcw with after market renthal hi bend bars? Any suggestions? Also what are some good maps to use for navigating Baja.? Thanks for the help.

Ditto RAM mounts.

Most others turn into guillotines when you crash, and your chest/neck area land on the mount.

4 minutes ago, beniflas said:

I use them JUST LIKE this in my Jeep, threaded the bolt into the roll cage... works like a charm.

In fact, I think your idea is a great one... but, I can't do as such, due to having a pad over my triple clamp bar mount.

I use a ram mount, for a 60CSx and make sure it's down low, and out of the way.

Otherwise, the brake cable/line will snag the mount, or when you lean forward (Johnny Campbell style) your vest or chest protector will hit the screen or buttons...  I've got 7 or 8 of the 60CSxs in my possession, and two of them are only used on my bike for that reason... top <in/out> buttons are near gone from rubbing the Ogio Vest I wear.

P9016577.JPG

2015-06-22_08.22.50.jpg

2015-06-22_08.23.10.jpg

2 hours ago, JohnnyAirtime said:

I use them JUST LIKE this in my Jeep, threaded the bolt into the roll cage... works like a charm.

In fact, I think your idea is a great one... but, I can't do as such, due to having a pad over my triple clamp bar mount.

Sweet little gizmo right there.  Thx for sharing.  Just ordered.