Had a nice hardy ride through Fish Creek this morning. Weather conditions were primo, not too hot at all, but it was windy out over the open desert. The weather forecasts predicted windy conditions over the local desert areas. They were spot on…

20160520_110350.jpg20160520_113430.jpg20160520_113434.jpg

Stopped near Elephant trees for a lunch break. I noticed what looked like a good size dust storm brewing off in the distance to the east, toward Brawley. When I realized it was getting closer, I decided that it was time to head back to the barn.

20160520_123423.jpg20160520_120220.jpg

Got back to Ocotillo Wells and loaded my bike onto the truck in record time, noticing the whole time that the dust cloud was quickly getting closer.  The wind gusts were really starting to rip.

When I rolled out at about 12:30, the cloud was getting close and approaching quickly. I could see it in my rearview mirror as I headed west down the 78.

20160520_123434.jpg

20160520_110728.jpg

Fish Creek never really gets old. Did you jog up Sandstone Canyon? Wondering if the slide still blocks "non-adventurous" trucks.

Didn't go to Sandstone this time. Rode there about a month ago; yeah, you'd need a pretty adventurous truck to get back in there.

11 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Looks nice, good report and photos. What are you riding?

What is a hardy ride?

That sounds like something I would put my gf through.

Duh, looked it up. Nice word choice.

Edited by 350thumper
Research 'Hardy boys'

12 hours ago, dsharp said:

Didn't go to Sandstone this time. Rode there about a month ago; yeah, you'd need a pretty adventurous truck to get back in there.

Thx