Kiwi Wayne

Sun 5/22 Dualsport ride Alpine-Ramona, Noobs Welcome

After 10 years I decided to post a ride:o A group in my hood have been dualsporting for the last 10 or so weekends and the horsemill hooligans will be out again this Sunday.

ALL Welcome. It may be adventurous for less experienced offroaders or people on whales but we will adjust the course as needed.

The Plan;

Depart 09:00 from Circle K gas at Tavern Rd exit on 8 Motorway in Alpine.

Up Viejas Grade and on to Pine Valley. Up Pine Creek to Deer Park coming out up Mt Laguna.

Down Mt Laguna toward Julian. Mason Valley Truck trail Down toward Desert We may split groups with the more adventurous heading down Oroflame and the not so adventurous heading out to Banner Grade and meet back up down at Grapevine Valley Rd. Which takes you back up to Ranchita. I feel a refreshment at the Hideout would be in order then up Mesa Grade to Black Canyon to Forest Rd and back into Ramona.

I'm guessing this would be like 150 miles 50% on the street 50% trails.

Lets see what pans out but it will be on, Rain Hail or Snow.

That's a great loop. FYI, the Hideout closed!

Yup great loop bummer I'm on baby watch and my 570 is getting a fresh rebuild, now you got me thinking about this route gonna have to do soon before get crazy hot in desert.

Lurking. Gonna have some honey todos for a sunday ride tho

I'm 100% maybe!!  I am supposed to head to Willow springs raceway, so all pending on my camping options

Your first posted ride looks to be a good one. Looks like a good loop with several options. We will have to do it more in the future. I cannot make it due to family/ kid duties but look forward to doing it another time. Thank you for posting it!

Still planing on this ride, waiting to see if my friend is going to join. What are you riding Wayne? How many others are going?

There are probably 5 from my hood. We will be there as planned. Expect to have some fun! I will take my xr650l

I think I saw some of ya'll out and about today.  Was going to tag along on my fat bike but decided to do my own thing.  link below

Must have been a good trip no rr yet. If my 570 gets done by next Sunday the 29th I might try and get some free time and do this same route if anyone is interested

I am interested . Didint get to make this last trip, to much to do. Keep it posted.