ADV Bum

Corral Canyon Maintenance and Ride Weekend 4-30

I've got (had) a spare pass if anyone needs to borrow it.

Borrowed

Edited by 350thumper
Dirtbike

I was going to bring a bbq grill with some burgers and dogs. Are there going to be people to eat Sat night or should I shine the idea?

4 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

I was going to bring a bbq grill with some burgers and dogs. Are there going to be people to eat Sat night or should I shine the idea?

I might make it to corral canyon Saturday night depends how bad i wanna iron butt it. If i do ill pick up some grub to bbq and would love to use your grill.

If your riding your bike out you do not need to bring something to cook, unless you dont want burgers or dogs. The grill will be there either way.

I could eat a burger and a dog.

PV got some drizzle yester day.

Not enough to turn on wipers.

The wife is out, guess it's just me on the 950.

IMGP0838.JPG

Mctrails and I are here.  I have food and refreshments for people. This will be the last time I bring out the toy hauler! If some one can bring out a chainsaw that would be great.

We could also use a weed whacker and some more people. Looks like it will be a full house as a large Jeep group is arriving. 

I can bring my chainsaw, are we cutting down trees?

43 minutes ago, carguy said:

I can bring my chainsaw, are we cutting down trees?

Yes, the one that crunched the top of my toyhauler

Allen and I went for s short night ride. I am missing one knee/shinguard. If you could bring an extra that would be great.

Got out there late.  Couldn't figure out where any of the people had camped.  Saw lots of trucks at 4 Corners.  Went down to CC campground and decided to go for a ride.  Got sopping wet and cold, trimmed some brush at the east end of Ranger, then went home.

I already noticed a difference on my way thru Kernan.The new sightlines helped me avoid a  head-on already . dirt was perfect moisture content Saturday .

Found a new appreciation for safety out there trimming trails.Thanks everyone that is helping. And those that just couldn't make it this weekend..

Also big Thanks 2 Ken for saving me from hypo-thermia.

i pulled my arm outa socket riding home, but popped it back in after laying on the couch for a while . weird. 

Thanks to everyone that came out and volunteered. We were cold and soaked to the bone Saturday. We kicked butt on all the trails we worked on both Sat & Sunday. Thanks to ADVBUM for the hot burgers after a cold morning trimming.

IMGP0839.JPG

IMGP0840.JPG

IMGP0846.JPG

IMGP0850.JPG

Thanks for doing some trail maintenance guys!  Hard work.  Cheers

I can't make it Saturday day, I have to take my dog to his first group training session, then have a surprise 60th birthday party for a close friend, which I don't want to miss since I'm going away for awhile.

If i dont make it Saturday night, I'll be out there early Sunday morning.

I only had one more pic. Sat morning with the crew heading out from 4 corners.

IMG_20160430_090203065_zpst67neukb.jpg

Fri night Mctrails and I met out at CC.  We set up and then tried out our new lights with a short ride.

Sat morning we had

Mctrails, Crfxer, Rikker, Ken S, Mimi, 350thumper, Carguy and Myself.

The weather was miserable! We still went out and did it.

Sat night Bp619 rode in from his solo trip. Props for the Iron butt ride to show up and help!

Sun morning we had Mctrails, Bp619, Cj54, KtmRad, Carguy and Myself. It was a beautiful day.

Thanks to everyone who showed. We kicked ass on the trails and you sure could tell that people had done maintenance. The riders we had seen on the trail appreciated our hard work.

The Rangers really appreciated it and are very glad to have SDAR supporting their trails

Special thanks to Mctrails and Carguy who came out both days and put SO much effort into this weekend.

Hopefully we can get more people to show up next time.

I didn't make it out on Saturday, couldn't miss my friends 60th surprise birthday party, so I went out Sunday morning.

Met the crew at Bobcat Meadows campground at Corral. Since I didn't have my bike, I drove the perimeter road to one of the trails and was going to hike up to work on Ranger Trail. Doc and I headed up Trail #4, and saw it needed some trimming, so we worked there for a few hours.

We all met back at camp after working the morning and enjoyed some cold brewskis. Was good seeing you all, and thanks to everyone who helped out !

7 or 8 volunteers on Saturday, 6 on Sunday.

While not a bad turnout, hopefully more people will come out next time....the trails can really use it. Trimming the brush to have a better "sight line" really makes it safer to ride the trails, you can see others approaching much easier !

20160501_095318.jpg

20160501_095322.jpg

20160501_095328.jpg

20160501_095339-1.jpg

20160501_102817.jpg

20160501_112355.jpg

20160501_114603.jpg

20160501_114623.jpg

20160501_115404.jpg

20160501_122059.jpg