ADV Bum

Corral Canyon Maintenance and Ride Weekend 4-30

SDAR is going to have a camping and ride weekend at Corral. We would like to get some trail maintenance in and do some riding. We will be staying Sat night so that way people have the choice of a destination ride for the weekend or coming out for just one of the days. Great opportunity to get some trail riding in and give back to Corral.

I hope to see you there!

Bummer i cant make that weekend sounds like fun will have to catch next one.

Mike and I will be there, hopefully get a crew of volunteers to come help maintain our local riding area and the 2 trails that SDAR adopted.

I have a call into Richard Tull who is in charge of the area, to see if any trails in particular need work.

At minimum, we clear brush from site lines on the trail so people can see better around corners, mainly for oncoming vehicles, pick up trash, etc.

I'm in .

Bike or no bike.

I may even bring my own clippers .

I will plan on making one of the days! :smile_anim: I haven't been out to do any maintenance for a long time!

I was out there on Sunday and noticed trail 9 (Sodbuster) and 12 (Ranger) both could use some brush clearing work. They are both motorcycle only trails. For those that don't know Ranger is one of our adopted trails that we helped open a few years back and do a lot of maintenance on.

I will plan on being there both days and camping overnight. Will bring a couple of pairs of lopers.

I will try and make it?

I will try and Not roost gallons of sand onto your new backpack like at the dash. My bad. Didn't see it.

Sounds to me like there may be an awesome opportunity to get a calendar photo shot that may make it into the calendar @ this maintenance & ride weekend, I wonder who the clever photographer will be?

We will buy a few pairs of "Loppers" to have for the club to use on maintenance days.

This sounds like a good time. I am tentatively in, pending other direction from my superior.

Colleen and I will be there both days (Not Camping in our backyard) and we will bring some tools.

Does the Forest Service have tools ? I think they have tools up in the Lagunas for maintenance days .

Kug, I'm trying to get a hold of Richard Tull, Forest Rep for the area.

Jim, I think pruners/loppers will be good enough, unless we hear a trail is in bad shape somewhere, and shovels would be needed, but I doubt it.

lopers

I like these two items. Small, lightweight and will get through just about anything.

IMG_20160310_141548406_zpsjneccxre.jpg

I'd like to join on this!

Are there any SDAR requirements before attending a group event?

Good attitude, willing to give back and help with trail maintenance. Happy to have you.

Great thanks! Looking forward to it.

Good attitude, willing to give back and help with trail maintenance. Happy to have you.