Dylan

I want a 450!

Coolant if i remember correctly will be an overflow bottle not a reservoir like in a car. On my wr250 aluminum frame i remember that carb being a bitch too easily a 2 hr job for my first time

Alright, that makes me happy to hear. I cannot thank everyone here enough for all the help!! I really appreciate it. I'm pushing for the weekend for sure.

Anyone know a place near mission Valley I can get the tire swapped at today?

You can try C&D cycle center in Kearny mesa.

Called them, will be taking it there. Thanks!

Okay bike is GOOD TO GO!

Runs good. Still have the cold engine hesitation, but when it warms up it seems to clear out. Ran it up and down the block and wow! Shifts smooth as butter. Love it. Loading up both bikes for riding tomorrow!

Congrats on the WR450 - it looks like you scored yourself a killer deal! Based on my current stable, I suppose I'm somewhat impartial to them.

MotoWorld on eBay has OEM top end kits (piston/rings/gaskets etc) for ~$150 should you ever need one.

George at Suspension 101 has a great setup for the stock WR forks (some guys upgrade to YZ SSS forks but George is confident he can dial in the WR stockers)

Cyclops Adventure Lights makes a AC to DC converter ($30) that you can simply bolt into the stock headlight output and you can run a LED or HID headlight

I appreciate the info Goofy Footer, thanks!

Had a GREAT weekend riding both Saturday and Sunday. Bike performed really well, minus the idle creeping up a few times.Love the bike!

I need to get a skid plate for sure!

Pure gold for someone like me stuck in an office today!!!

I had a friend that is far more talented come ride Pine Valley Sunday. We switched off between the XR250 and the 450. Friend has a 2001 CR500 two stroke, and said the WR rides similar to the two stroke. Pretty wild. He also said the WR is still a little slower (close) but the 500 is heavier and outdated with suspension. Interesting to see how far the technology has come!

I still love the XR, but I'm getting closer and closer to realizing I don't think I will be riding it much longer and am considering putting it up for sale....

Had a GREAT weekend riding both Saturday and Sunday. Bike performed really well, minus the idle creeping up a few times.Love the bike!

Have you tried the drop down technique?

Lower the idle till it almost dies.

Then turn in the air/ fuel screw 1/4 turn, repeat if rythum of motor sounds smoother.

If the bike idles better with the air screw turned all the way in, most likely needs new slow curcut jet (smaller).

Dibs on the 250.

Been there, done that. I had my 450 taken apart the first week I got it, to go thru the carb and to replace the faulty electric starter.

Now it runs better, but 3-4 rides later, the e-start is too slow, so I gotta check connections and then take that apart again. I'm gonna do the 2004 e-stater mod while I'm in there.

20160128_162420.jpg

Have you tried the drop down technique?

Lower the idle till it almost dies.

Then turn in the air/ fuel screw 1/4 turn, repeat if rythum of motor sounds smoother.

If the bike idles better with the air screw turned all the way in, most likely needs new slow curcut jet (smaller).

Dibs on the 250.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I haven't forgot about you on the bike! I'll know for sure by next week.